CoolIt ECO II C240 A.L.C and Corsair Carbide 500R

Xoil

I was helping a friend do a spec and i noticed that it says the corsair 500r is not compatible with the coolit eco II c240 a.l.c. After checking i found out that the corsair H100 fits in the 500r under the top mesh with the fans installed above the motherboard, and the coolit c240 alc has the same depth on the radiator as the corsair h100 (27mm)

I was wondering if there was a reason why PCS don't put it as a compatible part?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
it may be because, to fit the 500r with a dual rad cooler the top mesh cover may have to be completely removed. So the two 120mm fans will sit inside the case, then the rad sits above the case, and the mesh may have to be removed.

i will try and find a picture to illustrate

Edit
If you look at this picture, you will see there's not enough room for both the cooler and fans inside the case. So the case is designed that the fans will fit inside and the cooler in the little cavity under the mesh. So the mesh doesnt have to be removed, but it would if you wanted a push pull config.
IMAG0310-1.jpg

Last edited:

Xoil

Just found this, its a H100 with the fans above the motherboard. Sadly i cant find anything for the coolit eco..:

401038_2806065799823_1504012164_32694461_1771369108_n.jpg

tom_gr7

Life Serving
did you see the picture in post 2? I edited it in,

You could always give pcs a bell for the official verdict.

Xoil

Yhea i saw that picture, i dont think its the 500r though, there are two pre-cut holes under the mesh for the fans to fit in.

bc8fa96a_vbattach226827.png

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Yhea i saw that picture, i dont think its the 500r though

the pic I linked? It defo is the 500r cause I saw the rest of the pics,

even if you could have the 240 eco, you wouldn't be able to put a push pull config on, well you could, but you wouldn't be able to hide it.

i tell you what though, I do love that case!!! I wish they did a version with ya massive side window to show ya rig off!

Last edited:

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
All the cases we have advertised as working with the ECO 240 are on there because they have been tested without any issues. If any cases do not have this offered it is because, even though they may have the 2 x 120mm fan holes, the system cannot hold one without it getting in the way of something or causing an issue of the running of the machine or the cooler, so it will be for a good reason.