CoolIT ECO reliability

Volks

I have spent a long time configuring my pc and I feel I am nearing the end stages but I'm not there yet. I really want a liquid cooler but I'm facing a problem, I wanted a Coolit ECO FatBoy cooler for my NXT Phantom case. However this is out of stock (I think) so there's only 1 option the FatBoy's younger brother priced at £50 but I've heard this has really bad reliability. So should I bite the bullet and get this cooler or go with a fan cooler. I don't plan on overclocking but it may happen in the foreseeable future. My CPU is an AMD FX-8350.

P.S I really don't want to change my case.

Many thanks in advance.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Hi,
Where did you read the the coolit liquid cooler is not reliable? If you are concern with liquid cooler you could go with an air cooler like the Spire/Titan.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
hey dude,

if you go for the coolit eco's, get the newer models (pcs ONLY stock these)

the older ECO I models were known to leak/burst, but the new ECO II models well i aint even heard of a single eco II unit leaking!

So if you want a liquid cooler, go for eco II!

or as keynes says, you could go for a air cooler! I probably would. :)

steaky360

As tom has just said, the Eco II models are the same as the previous generation corsair H models (H80 / H100 etc.) - apparently these have been updated H80i or something... surely they will be sued by apple

Karlos

Silver Level Poster
Hey dude

Iv got the fatboy cooler and you can't beat it I put it thou stress and strain and still works like a charm ... When I got mine I changed the stock fans to vipers what are great .. My Idle temp is about 26c to 28c and under 90%+ load for a long time 5/6 hour it still kept end it cool !! They are really good mate

NMEBowen

Master Poster
Coolit and Corsair closed loop water coolers are made by the same people so the reliability is the same, But corsair have recently put there i series rads out which have better pipes. Now the biggest point is with the phantom, I had one system built in it the case its nice but massive your gonna have some issues whatever cooler you go for.
Air coolers will fit bit the titan pcs stock i dont belive will allow you to fit the side 200mm fan, now onto watercooling you have similar issues if you fit a duel rad with the brackets suppiled your going to have noise issues as the rad fits directly below the two 200mm exhasut fans the fans fighting with each other makes a slight helecopter sound as the air pockets inside the case react. 120mm single bay rad fits fine in push pull but if you have a fatboy you might have issues in push pull with the side 200mm fan also.
My personal opinion would be to wait and see if pcs stock the phantom 820 or buy one yourself and send it to them, it has very similar looks if not better as its slightly revamped and these issues have been fixed.
hope this helps.