Corfate's Spring Cleaning!

Corfate

Author Level
Herrow :)

Been quite a while since i've started a thread on here. Been distracted mostly, but also kind of lost abit of interest in the whole 'pc building' scene, much to Tom's annoyance!

Anyway, he was badgering me to give my pc a clean, as it's not had a clean since i built it last June! If im honest, it wasn't too bad. My 500r is plastered in dust filters.. Two on the front, a big one behind the front bezel and one under the PSU and bottom intake.

Here are some pics before cleaning began:

DSC05931.JPG

DSC05932.JPG

DSC05933.JPG

DSC05934.JPG

DSC05935.JPG

DSC05936.JPG

DSC05937.JPG

DSC05938.JPG

DSC05939.JPG

DSC05940.JPG

DSC05941.JPG

DSC05942.JPG

This picture was with the dust filter taken off. I recently cleaned it after a few months of use.. Dust was falling off it when i removed it, it was awful!

The After pics :) The pic below shows the top fan clean, the bottom still dusty untouched:

DSC05943.JPG

DSC05944.JPG

DSC05945.JPG

DSC05946.JPG

DSC05947.JPG

DSC05949.JPG

DSC05950.JPG

DSC05951.JPG

DSC05952.JPG

DSC05953.JPG

DSC05955.JPG

DSC05956.JPG

DSC05957.JPG

Products used:

DSC05958.JPG

To be honest with you, it does need to be taken apart, and the items do need to be individually cleaned with cotton buds etc, especially the Rad, but the amount of time and effort it takes to dismantle it is horrendous haha. I'd cry if i took off that rear panel.. SO. MANY. WIRES.

Total cost, £5. Time taken, an hour. Like i said, it wasn't too bad. Final product isn't perfect, but it's much better than leaving it alone!

Sorry for the bombardment of pictures!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Nice dude,... Looks the shiz....

I gave ya some rep, we like pics :)

get ya self a 670 backplate mate :)

bigben

Master Poster
Looks much better :) I looked inside mine the other day, was grim - shut it back up and hoped it would go away.

Corfate

Author Level
Ta :) Haha, thought i best do it while i'm motivated!

Now, i want to clean anything i can get my hands on... Got 2 cans to waste!

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Nice one Cor.

No rep for cleaning your PC, because that's just silly...

...you do get rep for the old school desk that I swear I had when I was 10!

Blackdog

Bright Spark
Nice work, i've just invested in some dust filters for my own case as the 220mm fan just loves dust.

Corfate

Author Level
Nice one Cor.

No rep for cleaning your PC, because that's just silly...

...you do get rep for the old school desk that I swear I had when I was 10!

Haha, im glad my desk reminded you of your youth... Hopefully, no repressed memories of Saville come up ;)

Nice work, i've just invested in some dust filters for my own case as the 220mm fan just loves dust.

They're a godsend!

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Can you believe PC World try and charge £12 for a can of air? I still need to get round to grabbing some off amazon.

I've been trying to avoid opening my case as it won't be pretty. Doesn't feel like 6 months since I got my rig but if my rig attracts dust like the rest of my furniture does I'm in trouble! I think I have dust filters on the front and bottom but who knows what state they're in...