Corsair 500D SE / 6800XT / 5900X

longdog42

Bronze Level Poster
XFX only list a "Black" one on their website and every review I've read has the same specs as the Black :unsure:

Every review I’ve read on the Merc 319 have been on the ‘Black’ ones as well.

But the PCS chat told me specifically they were stocking the ‘RX-68XTALFD9’ part the ‘Core’ model - which seems to have the clock speeds of a reference model with a better cooling solution.

Got mine yesterday and I think it’s the ‘Black’ one based off the leaflet and the clock speeds in GPU-Z, so it was a pleasant surprise. Was just wondering if others were the same.

longdog42

Bronze Level Poster
:oops:

Well, now do I feel completely stupid (to be fair, that's a daily occurence!!). I just searched the model number for the Core version and, on the XFX website no less, managed to find 3 versions of the 6800XT:

So, yeah, seems I have no clue what I'm on about :rolleyes:
I believe Sapphire makes all the reference models so XFX should only be making the Core/Black cards themselves.

I think there might be a cooling difference between the Core/Black as one is listed as a 2.7 slot and the other a 2.9 slot, so maybe one has fewer heatpipes. But the sample size for the core has been so small, I’ve barely seen anyone talk about it