Corsair 500r Side Panel Window

Corfate

Author Level
The idea was to follow this: http://translate.google.it/translat...t/forum/showpost.php?p=36385418&postcount=253

I've cut a perspex sheet to size, fits perfectly (Spent hours filing it down after cutting it just too big -.-)

The problem is, after i stick in the panel with superglue or whatever i decide to use, i'll be able to see the ledge and glue, as illustrated by another persons window mod:

73a69607_a1ef6b66_e.jpeg

The end goal is to get it to look like these images:

18112011420.jpg

18112011421.jpg

Can anybody suggest any kind of substance to put around the edge of the perspex to hide the ledge like in those pics? ^ Permanent marker looks naff, black electrical tape, in my mind looks bad, Paint too. Tom suggested using strips of rubber, which is a good idea, but i imagine it'd look untidy around the edges :( The original page is in Italian, and this is what they suggest: If you don't see the perforated plate where it rests the plexy, simply add the seal, simply paste it on the edge of plexy stess. Different websites give different translations which is annoying :p

Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Corfate

Author Level
Hmm, thats an option.. However, it'd make the perspex protrude from the side of the case, as it's currently sitting flush with the side :(

I could leave it, but i don't want to stick it in till i've made a solid decision...

Corfate

Author Level
IMG_1940%255B1%255D.JPG

Do you see what i mean about the tabs round the 4 edges?

Hard to see, but it's sitting perfectly flush:

IMG_1943%255B1%255D.JPG

Buzz

Master
Mask up the edges, and spray them black. Its what I did with mine and looks just like a rubber surround. Spray both sides of the perspex.

20120614201621.jpg

Last edited:

Corfate

Author Level
Side window is done :)

A little peeved, the paint went under the tape in some areas, it may have been my naff application of it, but you can't really see it without flash when it's on the case :) (got some LED's coming, so i'll work them so it doesn't show up my bodging :p

IMG_1949.JPG

:(

IMG_1948.JPG

IMG_1950.JPG

IMG_1951.JPG

Like i said, without flash you can't really see it, you have to get quite close to it :)

Pleased, to say im not a handy person :p Got a couple more things currently drying in the greenhouse, so i'll upload them tomorrow when they're fully dry :) Also, i have a 2nd bitfenix blue 6 pin to add in for my GPU, forgot to put it in -.- More pics tomorrow :)

Last edited:

Corfate

Author Level
I would multiquote both your messages, but i have no idea how :whistling:

I quite like the blue, it was a tie between white and blue originally, but i thought the blue matched the heatsinks and ram on the mobo :) also, the fans ;)

My hands are very steady ruben, i just think i didn't press some areas of the masking tape down hard enough :(

Thankyou for all your comments :)

Rakk

The Awesome
I would multiquote both your messages, but i have no idea how :whistling:
Well you see the 'reply with quote' button (with a sort of quote symbol next to it), well next to it on the right is another button that has a quote symbol next to it with a plus symbol, click it on every post you want to quote (except for the final one) and then press 'reply to quote' on the final one you want included

Corfate

Author Level
Well you see the 'reply with quote' button (with a sort of quote symbol next to it), well next to it on the right is another button that has a quote symbol next to it with a plus symbol, click it on every post you want to quote (except for the final one) and then press 'reply to quote' on the final one you want included

Thankyou m'dear :)

I have the bug now...

6av2.jpg

Narcotics

Rising Star
Side window is done :)

A little peeved, the paint went under the tape in some areas, it may have been my naff application of it, but you can't really see it without flash when it's on the case :) (got some LED's coming, so i'll work them so it doesn't show up my bodging :p

IMG_1949.JPG

:(

IMG_1948.JPG

IMG_1950.JPG

IMG_1951.JPG

Like i said, without flash you can't really see it, you have to get quite close to it :)

Pleased, to say im not a handy person :p Got a couple more things currently drying in the greenhouse, so i'll upload them tomorrow when they're fully dry :) Also, i have a 2nd bitfenix blue 6 pin to add in for my GPU, forgot to put it in -.- More pics tomorrow :)

Nice +rep

Buzz

Master
Yeh mate. Nice job +Rep. Get a stanley blade and a facecloth and pull the cloth over the blade tight and scrape away the excess paint smudges. Do it slow and lightly.

Corfate

Author Level
Yeh mate. Nice job +Rep. Get a stanley blade and a facecloth and pull the cloth over the blade tight and scrape away the excess paint smudges. Do it slow and lightly.

Cheers mate :) I did that, and it got the paint off no problem, just looks like a smudge where it was, not as bad as it was before, you you can have some rep for that :)

Corfate

Author Level
IMG_1962.JPG

IMG_1963.JPG

IMG_1964.JPG

IMG_1966.JPG

Pics don't do those any justice. They look really bright, but in person they look great. Could have done with being spraypainted properly, but i kept getting caught out by the rain :p

IMG_1968.JPG

Dust shows up so easily -.-

IMG_1956.JPG

Nice bundle of horrible yellow cables from the fan controller -.- Painted the optical drive, had to use black marker pen to hide the back of the actual internals of it, didn't want to get paint in the connectors! Looks better in person :) Cant' see the imperfections in the case without flash :p

IMG_1959.JPG

Got a cable sleeving kit coming, so im doing any cables you can see, so fan cables from the H100 at the top yadayada :)

The H100 pump has decided to grind, so thats being replaced by amazon :)

Not much, but it all helps :)