Corsair 600T & GTX 780 SLI

JordanB

So after much thought and consideration I ordered my build almost a week ago. I'll update this post with pictures and a mini-review of my purchase when it gets to me and answer any questions people may be curious about.
Thanks all. :)

Case
CORSAIR GRAPHITE SERIES™ 600T WHITE MID-TOWER CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-4770 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® MAXIMUS VI HERO: PCI-e 3.0, SATA 3.0, USB3.0
Memory (RAM)
16GB KINGSTON HYPERX BEAST DUAL-DDR3 2400MHz X.M.P (2 x 8GB KIT)
Graphics Card
3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card
3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
240GB INTEL® 520 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 1050W PRO SERIES™ HX1050-80 PLUS® GOLD MODULAR
Processor Cooling
Corsair H100i Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Sound Card
Creative Sound Blaster Zx 5.1 PCI-E Soundcard
Network Facilities
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence
DVD Recovery Media
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) DVD with paper sleeve

JordanB

Okay, so I wanted to wait a while before posting my review on here. I was going to be critical and really take everything into account, but I've had to put most of this on hold. The only things I can focus on at the moment are the delivery times, construction times, and I guess the construction quality. Unfortunately, I can't really comment much in the construction quality as I'm currently experiencing a blue screening issue that I'm in the middle of talking to PCS about. However, I am in no-way shape or means bad-mouthing the construction itself or down rating PCS's ability to construct PCs. The build quality and the parts I ordered were exactly as I planned, if not even better, far surpassing my expectations in visuals & performance. For all I know, this issue may be down to a simple faulty part, or even so much as a derp-move on my behalf. I paid a fair price for my PC as I really wanted a kick-ass system, and I got it. But sadly, I'm really disheartened that within a month of owning it I've had two blue screens. I just assumed that it wouldn't happen so soon as this. I'll post the image shack links below, that way if anyone has any helpful input or how to fix it, I'd be really grateful!

1. http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/8624/4uwp.jpg
2. http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/8342/j0xl.png
3. http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/5742/x85a.png

The construction time was to be expected, I think I waited around 21 days to receive my PC, which is the standard-ish wait-time. I didn't want to pay extra to have it "fast-tracked" because I didn't like the idea of my PC being 'rushed'. I was well-informed along the way, and was always in the know when it came to building process. It was well-packaged and came to me relatively safe, all for but one issue. The front dust-cover on my Corsair 600T case had had it's clip-pins smashed in transit so when in the case it wouldn't stay put. After telling PCS via the inquiries email and providing photos of the issue, they sent me a replacement part within the week. I was really happy with the no quibble, quick service and the new one came very, very well packaged, the amount of bubble wrap around it was impressive! They weren't holding back. (On a side note, DPD were also really informative as to where my PC was, and even text me with a time-window & driver name)!

Gazza

Bronze Level Poster
Interesting, that's similar to the spec I was looking to purchase next.

Can you provide the mini dump information? It should look something like this:

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\050610-XXXX-01.dmp

BTW .. are you using Daemon Tools ?

JordanB

Hey Gaz.
Not using Daemon Tools and the dump is: C:\Windows\Minidump\091313-8938-01.dmp
The spec itself, I'm guessing, is perfectly fine and when it's not bluescreening I'm getting fantastic results in games. Dead chuffed and would recommend. Just gotta sort this issue out.

JordanB

The two DMP files in the folder were "083013-9094-01.dmp" & "091313-8938-01.dmp". I don't know what else I can give to you, unfortunately. Had little to no success fixing computers that start to blue screen. Had it happen on an old rig a few years ago, and never successfully fixed it. Which doesn't fill me with hope tbh. Sorry if I'm not understanding what you're asking, not really my niche I'm afraid, I will try my hardest though. Thanks for the assist! Much appreciated.

Gazza

Bronze Level Poster
Download this free software which will scan your system for all dump files.

For each crash displayed in the upper pane, you can view the details of the device drivers loaded during the crash in the lower pane. BlueScreenView also mark the drivers that their addresses found in the crash stack, so you can easily locate the suspected drivers that possibly caused the crash.

Click here

Should give you a lot more information than we presently have to help you solve the problem.
Now it's time for my beauty sleep :sleep1: .. No idea where you are but here in London UK it's dark and wet.

Faolchu

For a(possibly) easier to read explanation of whats going on with the bluescreens, open your start menu, type in msinfo32 and open that program. Click file and click export then save a txt file somewhere. Once its saved open it, scroll down and check the windows error reporting if you're lucky it will list the program/faulting module there which might make it easier to narrow the error down.

Not a highly technical approach but might help.

JordanB

Hey Gaz, thanks for the idea & DL link. Sorry took a few days to reply, been looking after my daughter.
Here's the link for the image of what it comes up with. Hopefully, this will help? On a side note, my soundcard (Soundblaster Z) stopped working last night and then continued to not work this morning until I had to re install all the drivers for it. This is a seriously disheartening process and is really starting to make me wonder whether I shouldn't refund the computer. If it's like this before a month is up, what's it going to be like in six, or hell, even a year when my warranty is up...?

EDIT: Thanks also Faolchu, I did this and the information it came up with was such a wall of text that I'm not sure how much use it'll actually be...? I'll pull some stuff out of it that seems to be recurring:
15/09/2013 09:03 Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket 2902694824, type 5
Event Name: PnPRequestAdditionalSoftware
Response: Not available

^
That seems to be on there -alot-.

Last edited:

Faolchu

PnPRequestAdditionalSoftware tends to show up in relation to errors caused by devices attached to the computer ie keyboard/mouse etc but the link to the image that Gaz was looking for doesn't appear to be there or rather I can't find it :p.

Gazza

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks for keeping us hangin' Jordan :tt2:

Problem is a corrupt hall.dll.
Download a new one from here

1. Copy the new hal.dll to --- c:\windows\system32\
  2. When asked to overwrite obviously say yes.
  3. Reboot PC and let us know if all is ok.
  4. If all is ok, send LARGE signed blank cheque to me :)

JordanB

Hey Gaz, sorry for the delay on writing back... again! Been doing a lot of overtime at work but it's finally over and I've got time to game again, so all is right with the world. I did what you said and now I'm just gonna have to wait anxiously hoping it doesn't bluescreen. How did you know that the .dll was the problem? PCS seemed to think it was my RAM. Thanks for all of your help. Ill get back in touch in a couple weeks to let you know the results. Cheers! Take it easy.

JordanB

Hello all, just an update on what's going on. Everything has been fine and dandy with computer until two days ago where I had another bluescreen. I followed the steps from last time to see what sort of error it was, it was indeed the same error with the hal.dll so I'm going to follow the same steps to fixing it now. Don't know why it got corrupt again?
Thanks.

HarryNZ

Hi Jordan, sorry to bring this old thread up again. But I found out how to fix this blue screen, I also had it for months after buying the same spec to you but not SLi'd 780's. I was talking with Tom from technical help and went through all the basics.. updating drivers etc etc.... Then I decided to turn off the overclock from the bios and a week went past no BSOD, then two.

After finding out the OC was the problem I changed the settings myself to a stable 4.3 with a 1.25 core voltage with a max temp of 78 (running with Corsair H100i which I'm 99% positive is OK with an i5 4670K)

But thought it could be a solution for anyone out there who comes across the same problem with random BSOD's with their overclocked systems.

Regards, Harry