Corsair 680X not big enough to fit 6800 XT. Case suggestions?

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
Hi!

I finally got an email from PCS today saying my order is ready to go into build, however they are saying the corsair 680X is not big enough to fit the card!
They've asked me to either change the case, or the card so I can go into building.
I'm honestly very surprised by this, I would have though the 680X would be big enough to fit the longest graphics cards, and I really like the case!
Does anyone have any suggestions on another case? I have asked if they could send on the list of cases they have that will fit it, but waiting for reply.

Appreciate any advice!

If I had to guess, I would say that the 6800XT model being used for your build is the XFX Speedster MERC319 RX 6800 XT (others have also got this model) as it's the only one I can see that would exceed the maximum GPU length for your case...pretty sure all other models would have been fine.

As to cases currently at PCS that will house it, near as I can tell going by dimensions on the various manufacturer sites, there's 4:

Corsair 4000D Airflow
Corsair Obsidian 750D
Coolermaster Masterbox MB530P
Corsair Obsidian 500D SE

The best of the 4 is the Obsidian 500D SE...has the same kind of lighting that the 680x has
Christ its a big boy that GPU

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
Thanks for the responses guys! The 500D SE would be my second choice I think so will probably go with that, or maybe a Coolermaster.
I'll wait until I get confirmation back from PCS.

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
Thanks for the responses guys! The 500D SE would be my second choice I think so will probably go with that, or maybe a Coolermaster.
I'll wait until I get confirmation back from PCS.
Sorry to hear that 680X wont fit. Looks like 500D would be the better choice of the 2 you've mentioned.If you opt for 500D, you might want to ask the guys in the forum if you mayneed to invest in a 140mm rear fan for it. Would they have a spare coolermaster H500M available to allocate to your PC? I know they don't have it in the build page, but maybe worth asking them in person if they do since your PC is on the verge on build

Last edited:

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
Sorry to hear that 680X wont fit. Looks like 500D would be the better choice of the 2 you've mentioned.If you opt for 500D, you might want to ask the guys in the forum if you mayneed to invest in a 140mm rear fan for it. Would they have a spare coolermaster H500M available to allocate to your PC? I know they don't have it in the build page, but maybe worth asking them in person if they do since your PC is on the verge on build
You're right, it doesn't look like the 500D SE comes with a rear extract fan.
If anyone could point me to the corsair RGB fan that would fit this purpose I would appreciate it! I can buy it separately and fit it myself.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

Bigfoot

Grand Master
So, if I put a H115i Platinum (ML fans) in a Corsair 500 D SE case (LL fans), is this a problem?

Edit: I will ask the question on the thread I have for my proposed spec, so as not to derail this thread

Last edited:

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
I'm trying to amend my order to the corsair 500D SE case but I'm getting this message:
1611689082377.png

I'm guessing the RGB ram does not fit with the H115i platinum cooler in this case?
Does this mean I can't have the RGB ram? :cry:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
No idea, some kind of incompatibility.

If you have ML and LL fans in a build, you need a separate controller for each type:

Can I connect ML and LL fans on same commander pro and make it work? - The Corsair User Forums

Ahh, I don't use effects. I only use static colour so I would never notice any issue.

I think if it was lined up right (with LED counts) it would work as advertised though. I seen a thread on there where people configured it as LED strips instead of Fans in order to get the patterns etc working.

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
So my order has just gone into building this morning with the Corsair 500D SE case. :D
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me the best way to relay information to the production team? I had 2 requests:
1. Mark the shipping package as FRAGILE. A few people on the forums have received their PC with the glass on the case smashed.
2. Include the original box for the graphics card in the shipping package, if possible.

I'm assuming the fastest way would be call the support line? Or is there a way I can add "build notes" or something to the order?

So my order has just gone into building this morning with the Corsair 500D SE case. :D
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me the best way to relay information to the production team? I had 2 requests:
1. Mark the shipping package as FRAGILE. A few people on the forums have received their PC with the glass on the case smashed.
2. Include the original box for the graphics card in the shipping package, if possible.

I'm assuming the fastest way would be call the support line? Or is there a way I can add "build notes" or something to the order?
PCS won't have the box for the graphics card. OEM's don't buy them in that way :)

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

With regards to #2 i rather much doubt the cards come in retail packaging so it would probably be just brown cardboard