Corsair Carbide 500r Build

Corfate

Author Level
So, since i like diving into my pc and changing stuff, i decided for a big overhaul of it. Changing out the mobo and CPU, then adding an SSD into the mix has made such a big difference :)

Since my warranty with PCS is up in August, decided why not! DIdn't post this in the "show off your PC" section, as it's not from PCS (apart from the 500gb HDD haha)

Here are some piccies :)

After installing the RAM and cooler
IMG_1852.JPG

After adding on the two 120mm fans
IMG_1853.JPG

Sitting in the case nicely :)
IMG_1854.JPG

Showing the RAM and Bitfenix PSU cable
IMG_1855.JPG

3 fans pulling air from the front intakes (waiting on a fan rma, hence the white substitute
IMG_1856.JPG

Motherboard Power, reset and OC Genie II buttons
IMG_1858.JPG

Showing the HDD's and SSD. Spec below
IMG_1860.JPG

Fans in action :)
IMG_1859.JPG

Under the GPU, plenty of room for another 7850 later on
IMG_1861.JPG

Random cable shot :)
IMG_1862.JPG

Random top left on mobo shot
IMG_1865.JPG

Showing the Military Class III motherboard heatspreader
IMG_1867.JPG

Components upgraded
IMG_1866.JPG

Front, which is my fav shot out of all
IMG_1872%255B1%255D.JPG

Top 120mm exhaust fans
IMG_1873%255B1%255D.JPG

Side 200mm fan and dust filter
IMG_1874%255B1%255D.JPG

My very untidy set up :) Waiting on a cable to hook up my other monitor
IMG_1875%255B1%255D.JPG

Screenshot showing temps, the OC and GPU temps/OC (room temp 22.6c)
screen.png

Waiting for my soundcard to come, estimated Mon 11th.
Spec atm is in my Sig :) Wanting to upgrade to a H100 Cooler, so if anybody is interested in my Hyper 212 Plus with 2 fans, give me a PM :)

Last edited:

Narcotics

Rising Star
Corfate great job it looks really clean love the blue theme the cpu cooler gives it a nice pop with the shine. Love the BitFenix cable! +rep

Buzz

Master
Nice Corfate.

One thing always bugged me about comps is the GPUs are always upside down. Wish they where built so that the cover is on top and the nice visual of them and the chipset part was underneath. When ya look into a case ya wanna see the nice GPU not the damn chips on the card.

Corfate

Author Level
Hello everyone :)

Small update!

Just ordered another 24" monitor and a stand so i can have a triple screen setup :) Should be here by Friday! Will then have x2 24"'s, and x1 22". I'll replace the 22" in good time, as i'm not fussed about using the monitors for gaming, just the one is enough for me :)

I do have a question though, my 60gb boot SSD is running out of room, so i want to change it to a 120GB. What i'm confused about is, is there software for mirroring my whole computer?

Or is it just a case of backing up and important software then copying it back over as and when?

Tbh, an idea may be to just install fresh and start from scratch!