Corsair Carbide 500r Build

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
You could try windows own backup/system image utility to do this if you have a second or external hard drive.There is software available like norton ghost,acronis and Paragon Migrate OS to SSD for example.
Having said that sometimes it's better to back up all the data you want then do a clean install.

Corfate

Author Level
You could try windows own backup/system image utility to do this if you have a second or external hard drive.There is software available like norton ghost,acronis and Paragon Migrate OS to SSD for example.
Having said that sometimes it's better to back up all the data you want then do a clean install.

Thanks mate :)

Yeah, thinking of taking the 120GB SSD out of my laptop and putting the 60gb corsair in this into that. Won't use the 60GB at all, it's just text documents on my laptop.. Will add it to the list of jobs for the weekend ;)

Corfate

Author Level
Right, i've just been through my SSD and managed to clear up 7.2gb of space, so i'm now up to 14gb. However, theres like another 12gb that i can't account for. I've been through every file on the SSD, checking it's size, but i can't see any large ones?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Just ordered another 24" monitor and a stand so i can have a triple screen setup Should be here by Friday! Will then have x2 24"'s, and x1 22". I'll replace the 22" in good time, as i'm not fussed about using the monitors for gaming, just the one is enough for me

I see you are over your car and back on upgrades.

Corfate

Author Level
I see you are over your car and back on upgrades.

Haha yeah! Only just realised that myself :cool:

Heres some piccies. I'm really impressed with the cable management on the stand, it comes with little hooks so you can trail the wires along the arms and down the back of the stem, well worth the £70 odd :)

WP_20130920_002.jpg

WP_20130920_003.jpg

WP_20130920_004.jpg

WP_20130920_005.jpg

Corfate

Author Level
Haha, true.. But i had to clean it to get the stand on there and do the adjustments ;)

It now has a desperadoes beer mat on it to stop scratches ;)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
very nice mate... :)

I was trying to think of something funny to say, but im far to grumpy for that.... so nice setup mate :)

good luck taking that to a lan ;)

Corfate

Author Level
So, moved my HDD's and SSD into the drive bays and took out the CD drive, as i can now have much better flowing air to the GPU and all the other goodies. Looks much nicer in my opinion! I love the final picture! :D

God, that rear behind the motherboard is a mess! Can't wait for a modular PSU!

WP_20131010_004.jpg

WP_20131010_005.jpg

WP_20131010_002.jpg

WP_20131010_001.jpg

WP_20131010_006.jpg

WP_20131010_007.jpg

WP_20131010_008.jpg

Last edited: