Corsair Carbide 500R

c-hri-s

Bronze Level Poster
Corsair Carbide Series™ 500R White Mid Tower Case
Overclocked Intel® Core™I7-2600K Quad Core (3.40Ghz @ Max 4.80Ghz)
Asus® Sabertooth P67 (New Rev 3.0): Usb 3.0, Sata 6.0Gb/S, Thermal Armor!
16Gb Kingston Hyper-X Genesis Dual-Ddr3 1600Mhz, X.M.P (4 X 4Gb Kit)
1.25Gb Nvidia Geforce Gtx 570 - 2 Dvi, Hdmi, Dp - 3D Vision Ready
120Gb Kingston Hyperx Ssd, Sata 6 Gb/S (Upto 555Mb/Sr | 510Mb/Sw)
2 X 2Tb Seagate Barracuda Sata 6Gb/S Hdd, 64Mb Cache (7200Rpm)
10X Lg Blu-Ray Re-Writer Drive, 16X Dvd ±R/±Rw
Corsair 650W Enthusiast Series™ Tx650 V2-80 Plus® Bronze
Coolit Eco Ii A.L.C Fat Boy (Advanced Liquid Cooler) (which is a bit noisy if you ask me: http://soundcloud.com/c-hri-s/fan-pump-noise)

m_DSC_5437.jpg

m_DSC_5438.jpg

m_DSC_5441.jpg

m_DSC_5444.jpg

m_DSC_5445.jpg

Last edited:

c-hri-s

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah, I literally saw that thread when the DPD man arrived, but couldn't wait to get it out.

It's really tempting to put it back in the box to make the video!

Corfate

Author Level
Argh, that case is beautiful! :D Plus rep for pics :)

Also, you could buy a silent fan to change on your cooler :)

Last edited:

Buzz

Master
Short to the point Review 500R PCs comp

My camera is not the best at all but I'm sure you can get the Idea.. Haven't had time to finish building the desk either as had operation last week so soon as better it will get a painting and cables tidied up at the back. I also made a little wheelie tray for it to go on so makes it far easier to get in and out, as the bottom filters are removed from the back.
Im just adding to this post as its the same case and just seems the most logical place to put the post. Hope ya dont mind C-hri-s.

Case
CORSAIR CARBIDE SERIES™ 500R WHITE MID TOWER CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7-2700k Quad Core (3.50GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics Overclocked @ 4.8Ghz
Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3: PCI-E 3.0 READY, SLI, CROSSFIREX
Memory (RAM)
16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (4 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti - 2 DVI,HDMI,VGA - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD2002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
Processor Cooling
COOLIT ECO II A.L.C FAT BOY (ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER) (£79)

IMO Its an excellent chassis. The 200MM side fan is silent and great airflow. The front 120 MM fans are also silent and all 3 have white LEDs. The case panels are protruding for great cable management. The front IO has 2x USB 3 headphones and mic socket, firewire, Turn off Fan LED button (which is actually a bit of a pain to use as you need to press it in really far and its pretty stiff so usually need to use something to press it in.,A Reset button (which is a pain as its so close to the LED on/off switch, I have pressed reset on a couple of occasions instead of lights on lol) and a 3 speed fan controller ( never noticed any change in fan speeds using this but im sure it does something )

I changed the fans about, and got some Noctua ones. They are all premium fans. 2 types, the NF-F12s focused flow for the CPU and NF-P12s for the case. Ok not the nicest looking fans in the world but they are exactly what I expected from them. Top quality. The CPU on Idle runs the same as other fans but on usage they are fantastic. I played 4 hours of games and max CPU temp was 48°C.

The F12s run on minimum of 200Rpm and max 1500Rpm and the P12s 200Rpm min and 1300Rpm. The F12s on max you can just about hear if listen carefully, and the P12s are silent. Literally not a whir.

I also added a Lamptron FC2 controller and a Silverstone Heat probe sensor which was silver so I painted black.

The CPU is fantastic. Fast, handles OC very nicely, while with a good CPU cooler stays nicely under the radar.

The Motherboard I also think is really good. Simple to Overclock, Simple to backup a profile, Lots of changeable settings. 22Nm CPU ready 1155 socket. Usb3. Lots of PMW fan headers. Pcie3 ready. It does share its bandwidth tho for Usb3 and Pcie X16 so if you run Sli you will lose the usb3.0 in X4 or X1 mode. Also good spacing between all the different component sockets/headers.

The Ram stays pretty cool, and haven't a bad word to say about it so far.

The WD caviar Black are fantastic. Very fast, very quiet, and so far very stable. Was used for Op system, since have changed to an SSD Vertex 3.

The Eco Fat Boy is pretty Pretty good. I did change the fans though. With the stock fans at idle the CPU ran between 35-45°C and between 45°-70°C while with the noctua Idle is 35-40°C and under load 40-60°C

If anyone would like any more info or pics of a certain part please feel free to PM me.

Click Here for slideshow or view below

photo13052012171314.jpgdscf0977q.jpgdscf0966o.jpgdscf0977c.jpgdscf0978a.jpg

More Below. External links = Imageshack (sorry if some are double posted. Got lil confusing which I had uploaded. lol )

Photo1
Photo2
Photo3
Photo4
Photo5
Photo6
Photo7
Photo8
Photo9
Photo10
Photo11
Photo12
Photo13
Photo14
Photo15
Photo16
Photo17
Photo18
Photo19
Photo20
Photo21
Photo22
Photo23
Photo24
Photo25
Photo26
Photo27
Photo28
Photo29
Photo30
Photo31
Photo32

photo13052012171059.jpg

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
That is great! got the same cpu cooler but I get higher temps than with your noctua fans.

Buzz

Master
I tried the bottom fan as an intake but works better the way I have it. Basically Front and side = intake, top bottom and back exhaust. The way I figured it was that as hot air rises, the hot air from my room was going in under the comp and being pushed into the case, wer this way as the bottom fan is exhaust and at the front part of the case the air doesnt get under the case in first place to get into the case. If that makes sense.

The ram cooler is actually really good. I got it just for the looks really myself. There is a pic or 2 at night somewhere in the lot above. Its pretty bright, but if you hook it up to a fan controller you can determine the brightness. Lot reviews said it was noisy that I read, There isnt a peep out of it. Seems to keep things cool there also.

Tnx for the Rep. :)

c-hri-s

Bronze Level Poster
Just thought I'd check out the price trends.

I paid £1620.06 for my PC at the end of January, and getting a quote today for the same spec (actually a slightly different mobo as mine isn't an option any longer), £1582.

Doesn't make me feel too bad. I was really hoping it wasn't £900 or something :)