Corsair CC-9011106-WW Carbide Series 270R. (More plain black windowless cases)

BilPea

I keep my case under my desk so all I need is a plain black tower. No RGB or windows in the case. So some more plain options would be good for my use case. I like the look of the Corsair CC-9011106-WW Carbide Series 270R.

61i47Co7TqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
Same scenario for me. Besides which, unless you attend LAN parties (whatever one of those is) what's the point of all the RGB stuff?
OK, your new computer arrives. You take it out of the box, plug everything in and press the GO button. It all lights up with all the pretty colours, flashing lights, ringing bells, etc. You go "WOW, that looks AMAZING.😁😁😁" 6 months down the road, you'll barely even notice.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Same scenario for me. Besides which, unless you attend LAN parties (whatever one of those is) what's the point of all the RGB stuff?
OK, your new computer arrives. You take it out of the box, plug everything in and press the GO button. It all lights up with all the pretty colours, flashing lights, ringing bells, etc. You go "WOW, that looks AMAZING.😁😁😁" 6 months down the road, you'll barely even notice.
There's more to cases than pretty lights, it's all about airflow and passive cooling. Unfortunately the market at the minute prioritises those things so the best cases tend to also have loads of blinking flashy lights

Personally I prefer them understated also but I understand that the case is very important to the ensuring the longevity of the build.

The Fractal Define 7 would be my go to for understated, sound dampening but also has very good passive airflow.

The Corsair 270R without the airflow front panel just looks like it's designed to choke the life out of the parts on the inside.

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
Oh yes mate, I get all that about airflow, passive cooling, etc. That's all necessary. It's all the RGB stuff I don't get. Yes it's "the fashion" , or "it's what buyers want" , lots of other 'reason's' for it. It just does nothing for me.
Like you, my computer sits out of sight, and in my case neglected. Nobody sees it. I'm not trying to impress anyone. I want a well designed, purposeful case, to keep my components safe and properly cooled. That's it.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Yes it's "the fashion" , or "it's what buyers want" , lots of other 'reason's' for it.
3C4B9075-8314-4F7C-9E82-5B6047ECCF90.gif

Some people have their PC on display and like to make their system have an eye-catching look to it. It’s the way the industry has swung for the gaming-centric masses.

There’s enough room for both types of owner in the world, there’s no need to be condescending to those who don’t fit with your preference.

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
Sorry. I didn't intend to be condescending. I was simply trying to say, I understand there's a market for it, for many different reasons.
I personally don't want it.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
The thing with all the RGB options is they can all be turned off. The actual hardware itself, lights aside, is all designed with very good intentions. The lights just add that bling that a lot of people are after.

Manufacturers are all about the money, so killing the 2 birds with one stone makes far more sense than offering RGB & non-RGB offerings of the same design. They do exist, but they are few and far between as the market just doesn't support many options.

Any high end case with RGB can be completely switched off :)