Corsair Commander Pro

Dr_Turkeltin

I've just recently received this build, it's great no issues but I would like the idea of having the Commander Pro just so as I could up the fans speed to help with the cooling as the gpu does tend to get hot. Just curious as to whether there's anything I should know before I buy it? My spec's are below should they be needed.
Thanks.

Case Model:Fractal Design Focus G
Case From:Amazon
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.6GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive4TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 5400RPM, 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3200MB/W)
Memory Card ReaderUSB 3.0 EXTERNAL SD/MICRO SD CARD READER
Power SupplyCORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H115i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: Corsair H100x Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED Lighting2x 50cm RGB LED Strip
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired NetworkingWIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-VirusBullGuard™ Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
BrowserGoogle Chrome™
Surge Protection6 Socket 2m Surge Protector
Warranty3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

steaky360

When you say your GPU gets hot what do you mean?

Speeding up the case fans might not be possible depending on how they're currently hooked up (if they're connected straight to a molex adapter or similar for example they'll be running at full speed already).

In terms of anything you should know? I assume you know that installing the commander pro is going to mean re-routing all the cabling/etc. for the fans you're choosing to hook up to it, that could be an annoying inconvenience, but if you're up for it then shouldn't be an issue.

Dr_Turkeltin

Don't worry I know it's not over heating as I've looked up the temperatures up for them but still like the idea of installing it if it could reduce it.

Ok I see, I assume they can be disconnected from the molex adapter to the commander pro yeah?

Yeah I'd figured so but I'd be happy to do so.

steaky360

Yeah they'll be able to be disconnected but I've no idea what the fans are connected to. I was just pointing out that getting the Commander Pro might not reduce the temp of your GPU depending on how your fans/case is currently configured.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Don't worry I know it's not over heating as I've looked up the temperatures up for them but still like the idea of installing it if it could reduce it.

Ok I see, I assume they can be disconnected from the molex adapter to the commander pro yeah?

Yeah I'd figured so but I'd be happy to do so.
There are 2 types of fan, 3 pin fans, these have no speed adjustment, and PWM fans that are 4 pin and include speed adjustment.

I believe the focus g doesn’t have PWM fans.

Dr_Turkeltin

I hadn't even looked up the case fans as I had just assumed they wouldn't be compatible/controllable with them not being corsair of course. It's just for the process cooler I'd like it for to be honest. I had thought the cpu cooler would appear in icue and be able to control the fans from there but unfortunately not.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I hadn't even looked up the case fans as I had just assumed they wouldn't be compatible/controllable with them not being corsair of course. It's just for the process cooler I'd like it for to be honest. I had thought the cpu cooler would appear in icue and be able to control the fans from there but unfortunately not.
That's an older cooler, it doesn't have an 'i' which means it's not software addressable, we wouldn't recommend that cooler at all, it's an old model vastly outperformed by the H100i Platinum model.

So no, it won't work with iCue or have any connectivity to a commander pro.

Dr_Turkeltin

I originally went with the H115i RGB but apparently it wouldn't fit the case so I had to downgrade and that's what they offered instead.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Strange....the fans on my Focus G are fully adjustable...mine are currently running at around 500-600rpm on Silent and then 1200rpm on full speed. I can even tell that the fans are changing speed as the LED on the fans dims or brightens according to what the fans are doing (part of the reason I changed the speed profile as the LED was distracting)
Really? It doesn't mention that anywhere on their product page unless I was on the wrong one?

Ignore me then if that's the case.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
No, you were on the right page...the specs on those fans even say "rotational speed 1200rpm" rather than a variable speed....yet my fans are variable :unsure: Give me 5 minutes while I turn my system off and investigate...maybe the fans have been changed for different ones...after all, PCS add an exhaust fan to it even though it leaves the factory without one

*gets popcorn*

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just checked...the fans are definitely the LL120 ones

I use ASUS AI Suite 3. Not the best program around...it configures the fans for 4 profiles: Silent, Standard, Turbo and Full. And I wanted silent as most of the time I am web-browsing etc...when I game I ramp them up to Turbo mode as the exhaust air was a little warmer than I wanted after hours of gaming on SIlent mode
Thanks for clarifying, that’s not at all clear on their website, I will add that to my list of spankings for incorrect assumptions :)

Dr_Turkeltin

I've never heard of it before, is it worth installing tho? I really would like to up the fan speed, don't mind the extra sound of them.