Corsair H170i Capellix

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I must admit, I saw it.. got a little excited.... then just ended up at why?

Bigger is better but that poor pump :ROFLMAO:

I don't think I would ever recommend it to anyone. I always thought that the the 360mm options were pushing the pump capacity. If you're over-saturating a 360mm AIO cooler then I definitely think it's time to consider proper open loop cooling.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
My god that's absurd I love it

But yeah that seems like a solid way to kill a pump really quick? Maybe Corsair have found a way to have a super pump?

EDIT: Going through the images that pump does look massive

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
My god that's absurd I love it

But yeah that seems like a solid way to kill a pump really quick? Maybe Corsair have found a way to have a super pump?

EDIT: Going through the images that pump does look massive

I think it's their answer for the TR4. Every other offering they had was sub par as it wouldn't cover enough of the heat spreader IMO.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I think it's their answer for the TR4. Every other offering they had was sub par as it wouldn't cover enough of the heat spreader IMO.
It does indeed support TR4

Good review here including threadripper

There are very few cases that would fit this, really only ones designed for open loops.

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Released to coincide with the 7000 series cases, perhaps? Honestly I don't quite see the point. Each step up in cooler size offers diminishing returns. If you need this, you should go for a proper open loop system with multiple radiators.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
It does indeed support TR4

Good review here including threadripper

There are very few cases that would fit this, really only ones designed for open loops.

Was just having a a look there. It seems it's the same pump & cold plate. I'm not surprised as it's a good efficient pump etc, but it's asking a lot. Additionally, I still wouldn't have it for TR4 as the cold plate still won't cover the whole heatsink. I think it'll be less efficient than the Coolermaster for example.