Corsair iCUE and case fans control

RichLan564

Bright Spark
OK, i might be being a bit thick here but how do i control the curve of the case fans in my case, in my 5000D case i have 4 x LL120's, all connected to the in built PWM controller and a lighting node pro (all installed by PCS), in iCUE i see the H150i fan control and temps, i see the RAM RGB, i see the Lighting Node Pro and can set the RGB for the fans but i don't see any way of controlling the case fans curve? Am i missing something ? Or is there somewhere else i should be looking ?

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Lighting Node Pro just controls 'lighting'.

If you want to control the fan speeds from iCUE, then you'll have to do what I did and buy the Commander Pro.

Alternatively, you can control the fan speeds/curves from within FanExpert4 (which is in Armoury Crate).

RichLan564

Bright Spark
OK, cool, thanks, thought i might be missing somehting, so the Commander Pro replaces the Lighting Node and the case PWM controller ?

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yes, you disconnect the fans from the motherboard PWM headers and plug them in to the Commander Pro, which is powered from a USB header.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
OK, cheers, i think i get it now.
The included instructions must be very simple & clear, as I managed to do it in a very tight iCUE 220T case ;)

The most difficult part was finding the space to mount the Commander Pro as the excess cables were taking up all the spare space. In the end I stuck it to an empty HDD sled and stuck it in there above another HDD.

RichLan564

Bright Spark
The included instructions are very simple, as I managed to do it ;)
Cheers, found some pretty good diagrams online so just ordered a Commander Pro, the case fans are howling when under load so need to tame them somehow, will see how i get on, i wanted to re cable manage a few bits anyway so its the perfect opportunity

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I would check to make sure that the case fans are plugged into the chassis header and not the CPU header. If they are in one of the CPU headers, as soon as there's any temp on the CPU they are going to ramp up.

RichLan564

Bright Spark
I would check to make sure that the case fans are plugged into the chassis header and not the CPU header. If they are in one of the CPU headers, as soon as there's any temp on the CPU they are going to ramp up.

Yeah that just occurred to me, they seem to ramp up pretty quickly when gaming etc, will swap them to the commander anyway then can control them all from icue

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Yep, was on the M.2 header which was set to DC not PWM, changed it to the CHA_FAN2 header and set it to PWM in silent mode and its a lot better, will still swap to commander pro though to give me a bit more control without messing in BIOS or other fan control applications

The H150i does seem to like to pulse a bit though, thats all setup with iCUE and is using the radiator temp as its referernce so not sure whats going on with that

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Yeah there seems to be a fair bit of fan confusion going on right now :(

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Yeah there seems to be a fair bit of fan confusion going on right now :(
Seemingly so, bit disappointing really, i feel for people who don't want to go diving into PC cases to fix small snags like that as it can all look a bit daunting.

Not sure what's happening with the cooler, that seems to be the main culprit and ramps right up when under moderate load even when in quiet profile, its probably got the fans on the wrong way round ;)

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Yes, you disconnect the fans from the motherboard PWM headers and plug them in to the Commander Pro, which is powered from a USB header.
Well its in an installed, much easier to manage the case fans now, used a couple of the included temp. sensors and created a few profiles against case temps so will see how we go

Last edited:

RichLan564

Bright Spark
OK, so i moved my fan RGB cabling around so everything was in order (the H150i and front fans were all plugged in randomly) now my pumphead isn't lighting up, pump is working fine so its powered OK and the H150i fans are lit juts the pumphead isn't working, its showing in iCUE OK and has lightting allocated to it, i have checked everything is plugged in correctly, still no joy, what have i done, what am i missing ?

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Can you show us a picture of the lighting config for the AIO, as each element can be controlled individually!

Mine looks something like this (basic temperature scale):
AIO.PNG

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Can you show us a picture of the lighting config for the AIO, as each element can be controlled individually!

Mine looks something like this (basic temperature scale):
it was working fine, just after i moved some fan cables i doetnt but im scratching my head to fige out what i have disturbed, all i touched was the RGB from the cooler fans to the commander core and the front fans into the commander pro, this is what i have:

1.PNG

2.PNG

Attachments

• 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    71.8 KB · Views: 106

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Looks very similar to mine, with the exception that you've got an 'Automatic' config option on the Lighting Channel Setup (I have to choose the type of fans manually on mine)...but mine's not a Capellix.

As there's a single cable from the AIO to the Commander Core, if the fans are lighting up, then so should the pump!

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Looks very similar to mine, with the exception that you've got an 'Automatic' config option on the Lighting Channel Setup (I have to choose the type of fans manually on mine)...but mine's not a Capellix.

As there's a single cable from the AIO to the Commander Core, if the fans are lighting up, then so should the pump!
Yeah, its werid, it was all working fine, just a bit of a strange coincidence that i was moving fdan wiring then its stopped working so i must have disturbed somehhing, but as you say if the fans are workng then so they should be, unless it just happens to have packed up at the very same time?

RichLan564

Bright Spark

Fixed it !

The 4 allen screws on the pump head were loose and the socket to the pump body wasn't making a proper connection, phew, panic over !

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Fixed it !

The 4 allen screws on the pump head were loose and the socket to the pump body wasn't making a proper connection, phew, panic over !
Woah, out of interest was that something you had played with previously or was it delivered like that? That's quite concerning really.