Corsair M65 or M95

wowcraftify

Gold Level Poster
I was just wondering which mouse would be better for the games I play? I play a mix of game genres which is how this question came along because one is designed for fps and another for rts/mmo.

I'll be playing shooters like counter strike, crysis & far cry. I'll be playing adventure games like gta (watch dogs looks great too), mmo games like wow & lotro & I'm also a huge fan of the total war series which are my favourite rts games.

So which mouse do you think I'd be better off with, will the m65 play rts fine & the m95 play fps without a hitch?
I don't want to sacrifice either side of my games because of a mouse so which of these mice will suit me best, or more importantly, which is best?

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
I have the M65. It's a brilliant mouse and not a bad purchase for £50 (even though the woman at PC World first tried to charge me £550!).

I play similar games to you but focus more on FPS's at the moment. It has 3 customisable dpi levels which can be flicked between at the click of the button on the mouse. Out of the potential 8200dpi, my max setting is only about 2500dpi. I think I have like 800/1500/2500 as my settings which are plenty for me. I normally play on the middle option. It also has the sniper button on the side which drops it down to 400dpi I think while you hold it which is surprisingly useful at times.

The feel is great in your hand, the sides are very nicely textured and the top of the mouse is like a soft rubber surface. You can adjust the weights although I haven't tried this yet as it seems perfect as it is. The build quality is fantastic and the aluminium feels solid.

I realise now that I'm getting away from your actual question so I'll try to get back on track to the comparison. I personally struggle to use custom buttons, the M65 has 2 on the side, sniper button and the 2 dpi buttons can be used as normal buttons if you want them to (I think they can anyway). Honestly, I only use 1 side button and that's normally just for melee or grenades. I haven't played MMO's for a few months so I can't comment on that performance but I would never see myself making use of the ridiculous amount of buttons that mice like the m95 have. As for a mouse in general, I don't think you can go wrong with either. I personally wouldn't use the benefits of the M95 so I'm happy I went with the M65. If you're really struggling in MMO's though and extra buttons is an essential criteria for you then that's the way to go.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I have a razer impertator.

its actually really good my version has a dpi of 6400. I use it at 6400, because i like my mice to be very sensitive! I think its worth having a look see what razer offers because they do really nice mice!

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
I have a razer impertator.

its actually really good my version has a dpi of 6400. I use it at 6400, because i like my mice to be very sensitive! I think its worth having a look see what razer offers because they do really nice mice!

SHOO, SHOO, GIT'OOT OF 'ERE!

To be fair Tom's got a point, I was very close to buying the Razer Deathadder 3200dpi model which was like £45 but unfortunately was out of stock in PC World. It fitted really nicely into my hand and seemed extremely comfortable. I would recommend trying out mice before you buy them if you can, the PC World near me actually has a Gaming Peripheral stand set up with a 5-6 keyboards on show and about 10 mice. I would say that some of the cheaper Razer ones do have an uncomfortable feel to them, the click buttons are like flat and don't really fit into your fingers well (well my fingers anyway!). Like I said the Deathadder was very nice though and I've heard good things about the Naga's and stuff. It is a very personal thing which is why reviews only go so far.

What I will say is you'll hear about issues with both Razer and Corsair products. They are very big sellers so there are obviously going to be reports of problems, etc. I read too much into it to be honest and was put off a few products because of 1 or 2 bad reviews when there was 20 good reviews before the bad one. I'd say just find something that feels comfortable and go for that :) At the end of the day, anything will be better than standard products and comfort really is the only thing you should be worried about :)