Corsair RMx1000 for £105: Might come in handy for the 4080 Ti ...

DarTon

1634041711493.jpeg

Such good value for £4 less than an 850w ...

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Thats insane value. Just adds to the post I made a while back with the value available at PCS.

If you are quite cute with your selections you can actually have a system built under RRP value overall.

I'm officially onto a 1000w PSU for my next build, I've made that transition in my mind. This is a good thing as it means that I will likely sell my current system as a whole.

Overall it, unfortunately, shows just how poor a choice my current system was. I basically followed none of the advice I try to offer. In my defence, it was an unknown at the time though and couldn't have foreseen the huge jump from AMD.

There are only 2 real foundation elements that I would consider keeping going forward. The Define R6 with glass panel & the H115i. Pretty much everything else is redundant so I might as well move the lot of it on in favour of the 500D SE & the H150i Capellix.

The next system I build I am going to go all out though. I'm going to be just as much about the aesthetic as the performance. I'm genuinely considering a hard line custom loop kit.... just because....

How is the market for organs right now? I don't seem to be having much lottery favour at this time :rolleyes:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I'm off to check the prices to be honest. I genuinely don't know if I can justify building my own system...... in all seriousness. By the time I get the tools to do the hardline etc I think I would be far better off with PCS doing it for me, as much as I would always enjoy the experience. It would be different if I was going to use the kit again to build more, but there's no chance I could be bothered doing that for anyone :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
The next system I build I am going to go all out though. I'm going to be just as much about the aesthetic as the performance. I'm genuinely considering a hard line custom loop kit.... just because....
Please reassure me you won’t keep it in the cupboard again if you head down that route. That thing would need to have pride of place.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Can't wait to see your build! 😍

With unlimited funds I'm sure I could create something very special, alas I just checked out the price of the hardline and the only way I would be doing it would be myself. I just don't know if I could be bothered though.

With that being said.... .fortunately... as long as I purchase wisely, I can always add a hard line kit in the future.

RGB and some tidy wiring will be my friend for now though. There are some seriously stunning options available that are just about as nice as a good hardline build.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Yeah with the custom loop systems there are various options. If going for such an aesthetic, IMO, it has to be a hardline kit, using acrylic tubing with neat 90 degree angles etc. The flexible tubing just detracts from the look (no offence to anyone that has done it).

The only reason for a custom loop, for me, is the aesthetic. The performance difference is negligible and the acoustic difference with the GPU cooling makes no odds to me as it's going to be in my games room anyway.

By going all out I'll be sorting out every detail. Ever cable will likely get a fettle.

The great thing about a PC system is that it's fully modular. So it can be a creation that's realised over years. The key is to get the core system right to begin with so that the timeline isn't shorter than it should be :D

DarTon

Well I bought a 1000W PSU yesterday using the "upgrade" facility on the PCS website for £105. Getting it delivered tomorrow. Don't really need it since I already have a 750W and 850W RMx series in my current and old personal PCs (plus a 1200W in a work machine).

Against that I can't see 1000W PSUs dropping much below the price I paid (I couldn't find it cheaper than £145 anywhere reputable). Plus it's not as though PSU technology changes that rapidly. I'll stick in my personal machine and that will leave me with a spare 750W PSU.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well I bought a 1000W PSU yesterday using the "upgrade" facility on the PCS website for £105. Getting it delivered tomorrow. Don't really need it since I already have a 750W and 850W RMx series in my current and old personal PCs (plus a 1200W in a work machine).

Against that I can't see 1000W PSUs dropping much below the price I paid (I couldn't find it cheaper than £145 anywhere reputable). Plus it's not as though PSU technology changes that rapidly. I'll stick in my personal machine and that will leave me with a spare 750W PSU.
It's a fantastic price, and the high end Corsairs truly do go on for over a decade without breaking a sweat. Good investment I'd say.