Cosmos II 15.6" usb 3.0

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
My new Cosmos II 15.6" is running great so far, one problem so far. Sometimes the usb 3.0 sockets don't work with my mouse or any other device, but the 2.0 port does. Once I restart the computer it's all fine and the usb 3.0 ports will work with the mouse, any idea why? Whenever the usb 3.0 ports aren't working and I plug the mouse in it will power the mouse for a second as the blue LED lights up for a second before quickly turning off and the mouse not working.
This has happened when running on battery and plugged in and have checked my power settings to check the usb ports are on when on battery.

Anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it? I've got the usb 3.0 driver installed from PSC download page and everything.

steaky360

Are you running windows 8? Drivers would have been my first suggestion but you've already tried that. Do the ports simply 'stop' working at some point or is it after you plug/unplug devices etc.?

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
Are you running windows 8? Drivers would have been my first suggestion but you've already tried that. Do the ports simply 'stop' working at some point or is it after you plug/unplug devices etc.?

I'm running windows 7 with the windows 7 drivers from the download section.

And it won't work from startup, if I then restart the laptop they work fine. It just powers my mouse for half a second then turns off, if I unplug it and plug it back in it does the exact same thing :/ It isn't a major problem, but would be nice to get fixed.