Counting the days

Stephen M

Author Level
Less than a month now until some places can re-open. Have booked a nice out of the way countryside site with caravans to rent.

Anyone else got plans for a post lock down getaway?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Less than a month now until some places can re-open. Have booked a nice out of the way countryside site with caravans to rent.

Me and a couple of friends have booked tickets to see Nile Rodgers & Chic at a local racecourse. Nile is one of my all time musical heroes, he quite literally invented the disco guitar strum and was the founding member of Chic.

I'm not sure it will be quite like this with the crowds, but hopefully the music will be just as good!

Stephen M

Author Level
They both sound good, not a disco fan but enjoy any live music.

Getting out in the countryside, whether on foot or a bikes is great. I am very lucky with a decent sized garden and living in a village. Really feel for people who have been stuck in a city.

Citrus_9

Expert

We're stuck in Ireland with no more than 5km travelling from home restriction and will stay in some sort of similar restriction up until the end of June - it will be reviewed in April so hoping it will be loosened up a bit to at least travelling within a county... Just feeling like living in a jail now.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
We're stuck in Ireland with no more than 5km travelling from home restriction and will stay in some sort of similar restriction up until the end of June - it will be reviewed in April so hoping it will be loosened up a bit to at least travelling within a county... Just feeling like living in a jail now.
I must admit, generally I haven't had too much problems with the lockdown, I'm a fairly insular person really and enjoy my own company, and have heavily invested in home life so I have everything I could want at home.

But this year generally for some reason I have found quite difficult, struggling a lot more at remaining positive, feeling a bit of depression sinking in.

It's definitely time to see people again.

The day the pubs and clubs and public events open up again is what I'm looking forward to, it's quite literally going to be the entire world in the streets celebrating together.

I think this whole experience could actually be really positive for humanity in the long run, a new appreciation for friends and neighbours, a new respect for nature and preserving the planet better, hopefully more accountability for those in power.

I'm eternally optimistic that it's out of times like these that serious good follows. It's been really tough for us all, we all deserve a party!

Stephen M

Author Level
I must admit, generally I haven't had too much problems with the lockdown, I'm a fairly insular person really and enjoy my own company, and have heavily invested in home life so I have everything I could want at home.

But this year generally for some reason I have found quite difficult, struggling a lot more at remaining positive, feeling a bit of depression sinking in.

The day the pubs and clubs and public events open up again is what I'm looking forward to, it's quite literally going to be the entire world in the streets celebrating together.

I think this whole experience could actually be really positive for humanity in the long run, a new appreciation for friends and neighbours, a new respect for nature and preserving the planet better, hopefully more accountability for those in power.

I'm eternally optimistic that it's out of times like these that serious good follows. It's been really tough for us all, we all deserve a party!
Fairly similar for me, I enjoy mixing with people but generally a few, never felt happy in large crowds - that may be a fact in being a Stenhousemuir supporter :)

Have missed contact with others though and in some ways a bit odd. Have never been very formal yet have really missed being able to shake hands with people, guy who sorted out my new car was similar and we have agreed to meet up at some point just for a belated introductory hand shake.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Fairly similar for me, I enjoy mixing with people but generally a few, never felt happy in large crowds - that may be a fact in being a Stenhousemuir supporter :)

Have missed contact with others though and in some ways a bit odd. Have never been very formal yet have really missed being able to shake hands with people, guy who sorted out my new car was similar and we have agreed to meet up at some point just for a belated introductory hand shake.
Any announcements at all for when you can get to some live music? Have they suggested a date they can hold live events again?

Stephen M

Author Level
Do not know of any yet. Hopefully a few open air events with limited numbers may be allowed soon.

As things are am happy to settle for a half decent busker.

Stephen M

Author Level
Have watched a few live streams from the Berliner Philharmoniker, have been good but very strange seeing a full orchestra playing to an empty house.

Luckily the stage there is big enough to allow plenty of socially distanced musicians.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Of course I did 😁

92145F26-8EEB-45CE-A9C7-7579901486AB.jpeg
E83E71F5-A2FB-4DDC-B486-4D2A4C786A7B.jpeg
9614A987-CF4E-4E50-BFF9-EDC930BD992D.jpeg

Please excuse the sideways nature of the pics, always seems to happen when I post from my phone.

Citrus_9

Expert

I fully understand you. People are social animals by nature and if we don't get that, negativity, depression and similar bad stuff hits us fairly quickly.

I also don't mind spending time home but lots of things changed in my life within a year time and I unfortunately couldn't cope with everything and unfortunately had to deal with all of it being stuck alone. As a result I had suicidal thoughts and even more serious actions towards in a few occasions recently. I struggled with personal life changes, also stress at work (reduced number of people, larger workloads, more pressure, frozen wages, postponed bonuses...), not being able to meet friends etc... I know everything is temporarily, but the times goes on and it rather seems as a "new normal" like some people say or we can find this phrase on media - which really doesn't help at all as it just raises more fears and uncertainty about the future! It was all too much for me... Luckily, I spoke about it at my work and my dear colleagues noticed the changes too. They acted gently but sensibly which has helped to cross the line and start climbing the life ladders up again...

It's crazy how negatively in certain situations a long-term lockdown can affect, and nobody is protected of it... Apologies for off topic. Just wanted to raise awareness about people around us. I also noticed on the roads, while driving, some people are more aggressive and less patient, same I can see with customers at work. Luckily, I don't need to deal with people on roads and customers at work all day long, but I would imagine it can be even harder for some people...

I will probably let myself out for a few weeks around Europe on trains & buses when it will be allowed - just to feel the taste of freedom again...

I agree that these challenges (a year ago a laughed of this word, but now I truly appreciate its meaning) will shift the world and the way people are thinking. I hope, for better, not worse...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I fully understand you. People are social animals by nature and if we don't get that, negativity, depression and similar bad stuff hits us fairly quickly.

I also don't mind spending time home but lots of things changed in my life within a year time and I unfortunately couldn't cope with everything and unfortunately had to deal with all of it being stuck alone. As a result I had suicidal thoughts and even more serious actions towards in a few occasions recently. I struggled with personal life changes, also stress at work (reduced number of people, larger workloads, more pressure, frozen wages, postponed bonuses...), not being able to meet friends etc... I know everything is temporarily, but the times goes on and it rather seems as a "new normal" like some people say or we can find this phrase on media - which really doesn't help at all as it just raises more fears and uncertainty about the future! It was all too much for me... Luckily, I spoke about it at my work and my dear colleagues noticed the changes too. They acted gently but sensibly which has helped to cross the line and start climbing the life ladders up again...

It's crazy how negatively in certain situations a long-term lockdown can affect, and nobody is protected of it... Apologies for off topic. Just wanted to raise awareness about people around us. I also noticed on the roads, while driving, some people are more aggressive and less patient, same I can see with customers at work. Luckily, I don't need to deal with people on roads and customers at work all day long, but I would imagine it can be even harder for some people...

I will probably let myself out for a few weeks around Europe on trains & buses when it will be allowed - just to feel the taste of freedom again...

I agree that these challenges (a year ago a laughed of this word, but now I truly appreciate its meaning) will shift the world and the way people are thinking. I hope, for better, not worse...
Really feel for you, but really pleased you were able to talk about it and get through it! Well done!

It's really tough, there's no doubt. Yesterday morning, for no reason at all (perhaps I'd had a strange dream) I woke up really early convinced I was negatively affecting my team at work. Luckily I felt safe enough to call up some colleagues and get a reality check from them and then had a quick chat with my boss about it also which really helped. I'm extremely lucky that I feel really connected with my team and trust them implicitly, I realise a lot of people may not have that. And when you're in the middle of it, your head makes you believe it's not safe to tell anyone, that they'll judge you for it. Thankfully I've found that I've never been proved right on that assumption, but it's hard when you're in the middle of it.

Whereabouts in Ireland are you based?