Couple of Quick Questions ( re new dekstop order)

kam67

Enthusiast
Hi

a) I have ordered a custom pc setup with the corsair obsidian 650d case. According to the configurator, I can not add extra case fans nor a fan controller. The chassis I ordered is supposed to already come with its own fan controller. But what about the fans?
How many case fans are already included with the chassis? And will they provide sufficient cooling?

b) I have opted for onboard audio (On the asus v77 pro motherboad) - can I just plug in headphone into the headphone jack at the back of the case? And also into the headphone jack built into the front section?

Thanks

keynes

Multiverse Poster
a) It should come with 3 fans
1 x 120mm
2 x 200mm
b) I think that should be the case.

kam67

Enthusiast
Pro or Sabertooth

I am experiencing a bit of last minute uncertainty whether I made the right decision going for the pro board instead of the sabertooth.

I do not plan to overclock, but the pc will definitely be put through its paces, and will be used for some heavy duty gaming and benchmarking.

I am not that concerned about wifi as I will be using ethernet.

At some future date, I might add another card and go for an sli set up, and perhaps a sound card as well.

I would really appreciate some advice vis a vis the above before the pc is built.

kam67

Enthusiast
I failed to add that the idea of a tough, heat resistant board appeals to me - is this a marketing gimmick, or is the sabertooth truly military-grade?

kam67

Enthusiast
I was requested to merge this thread - so it might have gone unnoticed. So can anyone please help me come to a decision re motherboard choice? :)

I notice that the sabertooth has more USB ports at the back than the Pro - which only has USB 2.0 ports at midboard. Do these get connected to the USB ports at the front of the chassis (corsair obsidian 600D) by the PCS techs?

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Regarding the motherboard query i'd suggest checking reviews online. For your intended use either will be fine including the non-pro P8Z77-V, the USB ports at the front will be connected to the motherboard.

kam67

Enthusiast
Ok thanks for that - so I can assume the front ports will be connected to board by default... Online reviews are pretty favourable about the Sabertooth; as for the thunderbolt/pro couldn't find much - will continue my research :)

kam67

Enthusiast
Thanks for pointing me to your thread - seems to answer my question pretty comprehensively! In the end, however, after reading numerous positive reviews of the Sabertooth, have decided to go with that rather than the Pro - although, I am told by the PCS guys , that there is very little difference between them given my needs.

Last edited: