Covid 19 has a lot of spending to answer for!

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Guess what I built today 😇

It came early..... but I can't play it because I don't have a sports seat yet :ROFLMAO:

Built it up though and it looks the part. Best news is I can split it into 3 parts with 10 bolts (takes 5 minus) and it allll fits away in the cupboard!!

I don’t think the pictures are available anymore.
On the same boat regarding spending but trying to wait until I get my remortgage sorted. I was thinking of getting a new car which would’t be sensible anyway right now.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I don’t think the pictures are available anymore.
On the same boat regarding spending but trying to wait until I get my remortgage sorted. I was thinking of getting a new car which would’t be sensible anyway right now.
There are some amazing deals atm for cars! Apparently sales went down by 95%, so they’re offering crazy deals to get people buying again.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
There are some amazing deals atm for cars! Apparently sales went down by 95%, so they’re offering crazy deals to get people buying again.

Depends on manufacturers I guess. Some dealers are still charging 7% APR or higher for approved used. I noticed some are offering good deals but on factory orders.

Grumpywurzel

Bright Spark
Bit of a bump on this thread, think i need some proper counseling as my spending is getting silly now..... New laptop,, RGB essentials to go with it (keyboard and mouse/mouse mat), new Joystick (thanks to Mr Argos bloke who just delivered it). Got a new monitor and speaker system turning up tomorrow too (yes i now know i should of bought a desktop but that's another argument).

Erm help??

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Bit of a bump on this thread, think i need some proper counseling as my spending is getting silly now..... New laptop,, RGB essentials to go with it (keyboard and mouse/mouse mat), new Joystick (thanks to Mr Argos bloke who just delivered it). Got a new monitor and speaker system turning up tomorrow too (yes i now know i should of bought a desktop but that's another argument).

Erm help??
There is no help for tech addiction, you just have to cozy up and embrace the inevitable ensuing madness!

what mouse / keyboard did you go for?

ive just had a bit of a splattering on loads of records, I went on an online marketplace for vinyl and found 3 rare singles in mint condition which means they’re still sealed, so I didn’t really have a choice, I was duty bound to press the buy button!

Does leave me short on petrol for work, may be able to swing some remote working for a few days ;)

Grumpywurzel

Bright Spark
There is no help for tech addiction, you just have to cozy up and embrace the inevitable ensuing madness!

what mouse / keyboard did you go for?

ive just had a bit of a splattering on loads of records, I went on an online marketplace for vinyl and found 3 rare singles in mint condition which means they’re still sealed, so I didn’t really have a choice, I was duty bound to press the buy button!

Does leave me short on petrol for work, may be able to swing some remote working for a few days ;)
Literally a 30 quid RGB keyboard from Amazon, was struggling to see the keys in the dark (work PC). Thankfully the Mrs doesnt have a clue how much I earn 🤣 and I've lived on beans on toast before lol

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I've just gone through 2 hours of trying to configure this thing in FSX. It's got so many buttons it's bloody frightening. It'll take me forever to learn this in VR :ROFLMAO:

steaky360

I've just gone through 2 hours of trying to configure this thing in FSX. It's got so many buttons it's bloody frightening. It'll take me forever to learn this in VR :ROFLMAO:
Learning it isn't the problem, its gaining the reactions so when in a total panic trying not to crash (or similar) you dont fumble for the wrong button when you can't see the controller :). Its hard enough to use when you can see it!

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
I just took delivery of my X56 HOTAS

51En2--3ICL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
Oof nice! I had to settle for a cheaper Space sim HOSAS two years (dual sticks)

slimbob

Enthusiast
Yea fingers crossed it won't be too long, I can't wait to hear about it so God knows whats it's like for you having to wait!
I am looking forward to the updates on how it all it goes once it is all up and running. At least you can use the time while you are waiting for your seat to arrive to learn all the features of your new x56 HOTAS :)

Interesting setup. I just ordered a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog throttle/joystick setup to run DCS when the new PC arrives, but that motorised seat setup looks pretty awesome.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I've been off the radar because the racing seat arrived yesterday!!! I'm still dialing the setup in properly but it's absolutely insane.

The one thing I'm fairly certain of it's not going to lower my lap times.... it's damn scary at times. The fun element is through the roof though.