Covid 19 has a lot of spending to answer for!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I'm always the same.... when I'm bored I spend money! This pandemic is costing me an absolute bomb and I'm right on the edge of doing something REALLY silly.

So it's my 40th in just over a month and I'm thinking of treating myself. I'm never one to do things by half so I'm thinking about this.......

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm always the same.... when I'm bored I spend money! This pandemic is costing me an absolute bomb and I'm right on the edge of doing something REALLY silly.

So it's my 40th in just over a month and I'm thinking of treating myself. I'm never one to do things by half so I'm thinking about this.......

I’m exactly the same! Luckily I’m paying off the last year of my car all within a few months so I’ve got very little money to blow atm.

Next month, however, no more car payments!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
It's madness, honestly. Effectively no change from £3.5k on a game o_O

I'm managing to hold off for now but I don't fancy my chances going forward. Everything I'm reading and seeing about it is fantastic.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It's madness, honestly. Effectively no change from £3.5k on a game o_O

I'm managing to hold off for now but I don't fancy my chances going forward. Everything I'm reading and seeing about it is fantastic.
It is pretty impressive though, you can understand where the cost is going more than apples new Mac Pro wheels for $700:

slimbob

Enthusiast
Just watched the YouTube video, oh my god! Have you really clicked buy or are you kidding?
That is once serious piece of kit isn't it ..... is it 3.5 k just for the simulation rig or is the monitor, P.C and game/s included.
Anyway you deserve it!!!
Please post pictures when you have it set up!! Unless this a joke.:)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I bought it haha. It'll be at least a month before I get it though.

That's just for the frame with the motors. I need to buy a seat for it. I already have all Fanatec driving gear that I use on a Playseat Challenge right now.

All in it's eye watering, honestly. It's pretty much all I do though and I thought I would mark the occasion with something decent since a holiday is off the cards.

Laptop was £2.5k
PC was £2k
Index was £1k (have the Vive too, bought prior to that which was £850)
Fanatec "stuff" £1.6k
Simrig - £3.5k

It's funny that it's a "cheap" alternative isn't it!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I bought it haha. It'll be at least a month before I get it though.

That's just for the frame with the motors. I need to buy a seat for it. I already have all Fanatec driving gear that I use on a Playseat Challenge right now.

All in it's eye watering, honestly. It's pretty much all I do though and I thought I would mark the occasion with something decent since a holiday is off the cards.

Laptop was £2.5k
PC was £2k
Index was £1k (have the Vive too, bought prior to that which was £850)
Fanatec "stuff" £1.6k
Simrig - £3.5k

It's funny that it's a "cheap" alternative isn't it!
That's the kind of nuttiness that I fully appreciate!

slimbob

Enthusiast
Just had a look https://dofreality.com/#p3
This will be so cool :cool:
I wonder if it can adapt to fight sims too with extra bolt on packs or is it driving specific.
Which is the racing game/s will you be coupling with this bad-ass contraption.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Just had a look https://dofreality.com/#p3
This will be so cool :cool:
I wonder if it can adapt to fight sims too with extra bolt on packs or is it driving specific.
Which is the racing game/s will you be coupling with this bad-ass contraption.

I bought the flight pack for it too. Couple of addons that allow you to mount a HOTAS kit.

I got a few extras:

Wheels - To move it
Dampeners - Smoothen out the motion
HOTAS kit - HOTAS kit
ShakeKit - Like a Buttkicker but apparently FAR better

Project Cars 2, Assetto Corsa and iRacing are the main ones that I'll be playing. I don't have iRacing yet, but as soon as this kit is built I'll be getting it.

For flying, I think XPlane11 is meant to be the best. I think there are quite a few options though.

slimbob

Enthusiast
Holy mother of God you are on a spree of mammoth proportion aren't you!! It's all COVID-19's fault!!

This will be so stunningly awesome Scott!!

I am going to checkout those racing games you mentioned on YouTube play throughs to fully comprehend the magnitude of this investment. Which it is because you are investing in happiness, Joy and motion sickness, hopefully less of the latter.

I have seen X-plane footage on YouTube a lot of people rave about it and say it is the best. Plus MS’s offering is due out sometime this year https://www.flightsimulator.com/

Congratulations Scott !!!!! :)

slimbob

Enthusiast
Will it be better than this? :LOL:

22-gaming-pc-on-trolley.jpg

slimbob

Enthusiast
I bought the flight pack for it too. Couple of addons that allow you to mount a HOTAS kit.

I got a few extras:

Wheels - To move it
Dampeners - Smoothen out the motion
HOTAS kit - HOTAS kit
ShakeKit - Like a Buttkicker but apparently FAR better

Project Cars 2, Assetto Corsa and iRacing are the main ones that I'll be playing. I don't have iRacing yet, but as soon as this kit is built I'll be getting it.

For flying, I think XPlane11 is meant to be the best. I think there are quite a few options though.

Been checking out Project Cars 2, Assetto Corsa and iRacing on you tube ... Amazing.
They all look great but from just looking my favourite up to now is Assetto Corsa but I fully appreciate without experiencing them all it is very hard near impossible to compare or pick out the best, they are all great and if you have more than one or all of them then happy days!
Plus combining them with this simrig will take the experience to a whole new level !!!

It is absolutely scary now in terms of gaming, I mean imagine this simrig with VR!
Also if it came on in specific parts of games like for example it comes on when you get on a horse in Witcher etc or it kicks on when you get in a car and drive but then switches itself off when you get out of the car and then back on if you fly a plane etc. Mind boggling!

I am really behind the times regarding gaming so I appreciate all this is probably available now.

Anyway I will keep checking back here for updates and to see the pictures and your reaction to using it for the first time.
It must be really exciting waiting for something like this it to arrive.

Made up for you :)