CPU FAN SPEED ERROR on a brand new PC

Claired1980

My son got his new PC yesterday. It ran for a couple of hours and then he shut it down... on restarting the following message appeared CPU Fan speed error detected. Ensure the CPU Fan is properly installed or adjust/disable the fan speed low limit option...

only one fan is moving although the other looks like it is trying... can you help me please

D

Deleted member 17413

With the machine turned off, unplug and reconnect the fans to whatever controller they are plugged into.
Then start it up again and see if the error still comes up. that will at least tell you if its just a socket wiggled loose.

If you copy your whole spec from your order to here one of the more tech savvy users or a Mod might be able to help you out, but checking the connections is the first thing given its just been delivered.

kam67

Enthusiast
I had this problem with my first PCS build 8 years ago. I called PCS and they guided me through changing the lower speed limit of the fans in Bios.
In my case the fan(S) was not faulty but simply had a lower speed limit. The only way to be sure, though, whether it’s a simple work around needed (as above), or whether the fan is faulty is to check through the bios or a third party hardware monitoring program whether that the fans are all actually running and behaving in line with the specifications.