Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II

• Thread starter Deleted member 17413
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 17413

I bought these from PCS years ago, barely ever used them, theve been stored in their original packaging (including bubblewrap) in a dry store room for about 5 years, plugged in today was all working fine and then after about 20 minutes, a loud noise and then silence. Power wont even turn on (blue light on power/volume control was working before now nothing)

Theyve only ever had light use, and been stored very carefully.... I dont get how they could suddenly just fry like that.
Power adaptor unit seems fine, light still on on power pack.

They werent cheap and i hoped to use them with my order that arrives tomorrow... any known problems or common issues? Can they be fixed?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 17413

The light on the power pack still comes on, theres a plug which connects to the pack, and then the pack to the speakers.
Tried them again this morning and the pack seems to be getting power but speakers still completely dead. Not sure Ive got anything else that would power it.

Pretty disappointed, when I say light use I mean it, maybe 10/15 hours total before they were packed back up, and when packed they were packed the same way as originally packaged, stored in a cupboard and thats been it.

Other half thinks maybe a spider or something crawled its way in and its fried/short circuited somthing moving around when they were on?
I cant afford to buy new speakers now, im in full saving mode having just bought a new PC

Drennor

Many years ago I had an SLI setup and one day the screen became all garbled when I booted up. Turns out one of the cards had broken and when I opened the case I found shredded spider inside... So I wouldn't rule anything out. Did you end up getting new speakers, and if so what did you get?