Crowfall - Throne War MMO

francisbaud

Hi! Anyone here interested in Crowfall?

It's a mix between a MMO and a strategy game, dubbed "Game of thrones meets EVE Online".

Its founders are J Todd Coleman (Shadowbane, Wizard101, Pirate101) and Gordon Walton (Ultima Online, Star Wars Galaxies, Sims Online). They have raised nearly $30M to realize their vision.

In Crowfall, players are crows that travel between worlds to win campaigns in behalf of the gods. They can win choosing three paths: Glory (quests from the gods), Power (PvP and sieging) and Wealth (crafting and building).

Alpha phase should begin early in 2020 and with it comes a host of new features: refineries, mounts, caravans, remaining disciplines and class, GvG campaign, divine favor system, etc.

Last edited:

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I'd not heard of it or had forgotten I had if so. PVP based MMO is a hard pass from me.

There are elements that sound interesting, but not enough to outweigh that or put it ahead of anything else in my back catalogue. Hope it goes well for them though.

francisbaud

PvP MMOs are not for everyone, I understand that. The developers tried to include PvE stuff in the game (monster camps, divine favor system, crafting, gathering, building, etc.) but the focus still remains PvP. Thanks for checking!

kelstu

Gold Level Poster
i have tried most MMOs but unfortunately PVP games are not for me otherwise i would probally have tried it.. thanks for bringing the name to my attension though

francisbaud

Crowfall has now entered Closed Beta phase and anyone can try it for free by registering a free account on the official website. They send invites by waves so it may take some time to get in.

What they've been improving in 2020-2021 :
  • character advancement : new domains, passive training replaced by active training (gear based), more complex attributes, Shadowbane inspired class design
  • customization in campaigns' cities
  • lot of new mounts
  • performances improvements (especially in large-scale PvP)
  • new players tutorials
Warning: the game contains gruesome mechanics like grave digging, sacrifices to the gods, necromancy, etc. so it might not be for everyone

Here's some recent medium-scale PvP: