Crysis mods

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
There's one mod for the game i cant figure out how to install
The extreme quality mod the only info it gives me is this

Installation:
-------------------------------------------------------
1.Go to your Crysis Level folder and copy the .xml file into it.
2.Make a new trigger and create a flow graph.
3.Import the .xml file by rightclick and enjoy.

any idea's what that means?

- i open up the editor but it keeps crashing on me :'(

Last edited:

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
:'( that made my crysis crash, is it windows 7 compatible, :S maybe its cos i have natural mod and the zz_HighResolutionFoliageFinal.pak texture pack running already >.< how do i revert back to vanilla settings?

BAD SANTA

I have know idea how to revert back, all I did was install crysis, update it to latest patch and then installed the extreme mod. I am running windows 7 64 bit and it works fine. You are using winrar to unpack it and then putting the mod into c/program/crisis/game etc. You just have to drag and drop it into the folder you don't have to load it up or anything.
Also make sure it's the 1.3 patch or whatever it's in a box that says download here. And just follow the instructions for vista, it works the same for windows 7.

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
nope i tried it the way tweaking settings in the editor and it looked kinda okay...
so started fresh again...

What exactly do you do ... cos everytime i drag the file in ... unless im putting it in the wrong place :S steamapps/common/crysis/game ?

BAD SANTA

Yep you are doing it wrong, it's not a mod like a normal mod you don't have to import it just put it in the game folder,
So open up your c/drive look for the folder EA then open that, open crytek, open crysis, open game. Then put the mod in there just drag and drop it in.
Now when you start up crysis if you go to advanced graphic settings they should already be saying custom, then it's done.
If they don't say custom you can press ~ button on your keyboard and it will load it but it should do it automatically when you start crysis.

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
i finished the game again with the natural mod and a high res foliage mod ... and it looked incredible...

But :'( still no where near as good as the extreme quality mod...

Crysis is stored at ... E:/Program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/crysis

So from here, trying to follow these instructions

Installation for Windows Vista:
1.Extract .rar file with winrar/winzip.
2.Place the "autoexec.cfg" file into your; "\Program Files\Electronic
Arts/Crytek/Crysis/Game" folder.
3.When inside game hit tilde(~)key, if you see my art it loaded
successfully.​

when i load crysis it crashed?
Am i putting the right file into the game folder?

extremequality_1.34_.rar\extreme version\vista\ autoexec.cfg

Last edited:

BAD SANTA

Hmm I'm not sure because my game is not stored there I installed my game directly from cd and that put it in c/program filesx86/ea/crytek/crysis/game. But then if you got yours through steam I don't know.
Look to see if you have an EA folder in program filesx86 if you have follow instructions again, if not try to find the game folder. Open the crysis folder and you should see a folder named game then open that and put it in there.