Current PC Specs: Should I upgrade anything?

Ashleyjames98

Bronze Level Poster
Hi guys and gals, need a bit of advice in terms of potential upgrade. My current PC build is as follows;

CPU - RYZEN 5 2600
Motherboard - Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite
RAM - 16gb (2x8gb) 2400 MHz
GPU - AMD Radeon RX 580 8gb
HDD - 2TB Seagate Barracuda
M.2 SSD - 128gb ADATA (OS only and important files)
PSU - Corsair 550W VS Series
Cooling - Standard AMD
Thermal Paste - Standard for sufficient cooling
Sound card - Onboard 6 channel 5.1 as standard
Wireless/Wired Networking - Wireless 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz (Usually wired connection)

Seeing my current build, is there anything that you would upgrade? If so, please suggest what you would change (I'm definitely considering upgrading RAM to 2666MHz or 3000MHz)
My most demanding game is CoD: BO4 which runs no issues before anyone asks :)
Also, I wont be OC'ing my build.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
When you say that's your current build... do you mean you already own it and have for a while, or you mean that's what you're about to buy?

If you already own it, don't upgrade the RAM. Buying a new Ryzen system you'll pretty much always want fast RAM, but if you already spent like £100 on 2400MHz RAM (which is what it will have cost assuming you bought it before prices started to come down recently) spending £100 for a bit faster RAM is throwing good money in after bad.

Ashleyjames98

Bronze Level Poster
When you say that's your current build... do you mean you already own it and have for a while, or you mean that's what you're about to buy?

If you already own it, don't upgrade the RAM. Buying a new Ryzen system you'll pretty much always want fast RAM, but if you already spent like £100 on 2400MHz RAM (which is what it will have cost assuming you bought it before prices started to come down recently) spending £100 for a bit faster RAM is throwing good money in after bad.

I currently own this build (what I'm currently using as I write this) and 16gb 2400MHz will be fine for the time being then?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
It will be fine for the lifespan of the PC.

I wouldn't recommend anyone buy slow RAM with a Ryzen CPU given a choice, but now you have it it's not worth the price to upgrade. £80-100 for a few frames per second here and there?

Just put that towards a new GPU if you want to improve gaming performance.

If you want to spend on an upgrade, get an SSD to put games on... and probably to reinstall your OS on too as almost whatever you buy is going to be faster than a 120gb budget Adata drive.

Ashleyjames98

Bronze Level Poster
It will be fine for the lifespan of the PC.

I wouldn't recommend anyone buy slow RAM with a Ryzen CPU given a choice, but now you have it it's not worth the price to upgrade. £80-100 for a few frames per second here and there?

Just put that towards a new GPU if you want to improve gaming performance.

If you want to spend on an upgrade, get an SSD to put games on... and probably to reinstall your OS on too as almost whatever you buy is going to be faster than a 120gb budget Adata drive.

Awesome, cheers for the advice :)