Custom PC Build Keeps Cutting Out - Help Please

JackG86

Hello,

I have recently built a new PC and it keeps randomly cutting out. The best way I can describe it is like you have overclocked your CPU too much and the PC just cuts out / shuts down. The mobo rgb lights stay on as do the case fans. I have to hold the power button down to turn off the PC, or sometimes this doesn't work and I have to turn off the PSU switch.

It's not temps as cpu doesn't break 70c under 100% load, gpu is around 70c at 100% load.

This problem has happened while the PC is idle and also while playing games.

The PC is set to defaults now, no OC. I thought it might have been the PSU as i kept this from my 7 yr old PC. I've bought a new PSU and the problem still occurs.

Build is:
Lian Li O11 Dynamic Case
Ryzen 5 2600 CPU
Asus Prime X370-PRO mobo
Zotac RTX 2060 GPU
Corsair PSU 850w (new PSU 750w)
Corsair Vengeance Lpx 16gb (2 X 8gb) Memory Kit Pc4-19200 2400mhz Ddr4 Dimm C14
Deepcool Castle 360 RGB AIO
Deepcool RGB case fans x4

I would really appreciate your help as I am stumped by this and not sure where to go from here.

Thank you.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello,

I have recently built a new PC and it keeps randomly cutting out. The best way I can describe it is like you have overclocked your CPU too much and the PC just cuts out / shuts down. The mobo rgb lights stay on as do the case fans. I have to hold the power button down to turn off the PC, or sometimes this doesn't work and I have to turn off the PSU switch.

It's not temps as cpu doesn't break 70c under 100% load, gpu is around 70c at 100% load.

This problem has happened while the PC is idle and also while playing games.

The PC is set to defaults now, no OC. I thought it might have been the PSU as i kept this from my 7 yr old PC. I've bought a new PSU and the problem still occurs.

Build is:
Lian Li O11 Dynamic Case
Ryzen 5 2600 CPU
Asus Prime X370-PRO mobo
Zotac RTX 2060 GPU
Corsair PSU 850w (new PSU 750w)
Corsair Vengeance Lpx 16gb (2 X 8gb) Memory Kit Pc4-19200 2400mhz Ddr4 Dimm C14
Deepcool Castle 360 RGB AIO
Deepcool RGB case fans x4

I would really appreciate your help as I am stumped by this and not sure where to go from here.

Thank you.
As PCS sell custom desktops and laptops we can’t advise on self builds or competitor builds, you may want to check out toms hardware which is an open forum.