Customer support services update

Smoggyuk

Bronze Level Poster
Staff member
Dear Customer

We would like to update you in relation to our current support situation and how we are dealing with our existing backlog of orders.

Firstly, we sincerely appreciate all the patience you are giving the team and hope you stick with us until we can resume normal service.

Since the Coronavirus outbreak we have seen a large increase in demand for our systems and due to this our support services have been stretched significantly. Due to this increase in demand it has been a challenging time, but we are working as hard as possible to clear our backlog and ensure that e-mails, webmails and phone calls are taken and appropriately responded to.

Right now, our e-mail response times have fallen far behind our usual target time but we are working hard to clear the backlog and respond to your queries. If you require immediate support it would be best to contact our support services by phone. The issue here is that our call times are also far longer than usual but rest assured we are working to reduce the wait times and give you the attention that you require.

If you are looking for email support, response times may not improve for another 2 weeks so please aim to avoid duplicates throughout this time as this will help us to recover our position. If an e-mail has been sent, it will be answered but will simply take longer than usual.

Our production team has also lost some ground over the Xmas period as orders have remained strong throughout, while production has been closed for bank holidays. Our focus is to catch up as quickly as possible to reduce our lead times while also ensuring the safety of our staff. The current time frame for most orders from order to dispatch is 4 weeks.

Please note - all NVIDIA 3000 orders and AMD 5000 orders are exempt from our automatic update system due to the shortage of these components and their unknown availability.

There is a global shortage on these products and we are pushing on a daily basis to secure as much stock as possible. We respect that some customers are confused about their position in the queue and how long they are expected to wait. It is difficult for us to provide an ETA as we have little visibility on how much stock we will receive until it is made available to us, as weekly allocations can vary between 0 units to hundreds, if pockets of stock free up. Due to this we are unable to provide an accurate ETA on these products but can assure you that all orders will be fulfilled by order date.

We plan to update customers directly regarding specific product shortages in further detail in the coming days.

We would like to thank you all for your patience and understanding of the current situation and the challenges that we are facing. It is a difficult time that has required a number of new processes as our support team gets used to working from a home environment. We are seeking new staff for all departments to improve on our current service level.

If you have recently placed an order with us we apologise for this drop in our usual standards and will do all we can to improve our position promptly. We value and appreciate your custom.

Take care and have a fantastic 2021.

Last edited:

Smoggyuk

Bronze Level Poster
Staff member
I would also like to note that if you have received a build date from our automatic system that suggests March, please ignore this as it is an error. We are working on this to provide a more accurate automatic update service.

_james

Any idea how long RMA's are taking my machine has been with you for 2 weeks and backblaze are pointing out that my backups will expire in two weeks time unless I pay for longer for extended version support. So an idea of lead times would be nice.

Stay safe :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Any idea how long RMA's are taking my machine has been with you for 2 weeks and backblaze are pointing out that my backups will expire in two weeks time unless I pay for longer for extended version support. So an idea of lead times would be nice.

Stay safe :)
At the moment it's around a month before it gets looked at.

Bhuna50

Author Level
I decided to phone yesterday to chase up my RMA, which unfortunately is in the queue, and have to say my experience on the phone yesterday was a VAST improvement of when I had to call just before Christmas and early this year.

There is now recorded messages regarding certain questions that tell you that they are unable to give you timescales on delivery of any 3000 series built machines (so hopefully that has reduced a lot of call waiting) along with a sincere apology about current levels of service and that they are recruiting to try to improve matters back to the levels of service you would expect and should be getting. It also now gives you an approximate call time to wait rather than you are now 3rd in the queue etc, and I only had to wait 4 minutes before someone answered.

Peter-L

I’ve been waiting 19 days and it says it’s just in pre-production. It’s not move at anytime. I read the chart an it suggested a week or so there. To be honest I thought I’d ordered it back on June hoping to get it as a birthday present, but that’s been scuppered now. I wish I’d paid for fast track now. So, does it look like you wait over a month on average? I didn’t order a graphic card btw. So it’s not waiting for that. I have a 3060 and I’ll add it myself. Whenever that day comes :(

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I’ve been waiting 19 days and it says it’s just in pre-production. It’s not move at anytime. I read the chart an it suggested a week or so there. To be honest I thought I’d ordered it back on June hoping to get it as a birthday present, but that’s been scuppered now. I wish I’d paid for fast track now. So, does it look like you wait over a month on average? I didn’t order a graphic card btw. So it’s not waiting for that. I have a 3060 and I’ll add it myself. Whenever that day comes :(
The original post from @Ghosthud from PCS was made back in January, so is well over six months old now. That said, PCS are shipping around 5000 builds a week and they also have a longish waiting list, so you can imagine how insanely busy they are.

Orders are processed in strict date and time of order sequence (except for Fast Track where it's available) so your order will be built as soon as it's your turn - assuming everything you ordered is in stock at that time of course. Nobody will queue jump you, though it is possible that items you ordered that are in stock now may be out of stock by the time it's your turn, and since anyone can modify their order up until it goes into building, people ahead of you may choose to switch to items you have also ordered and they may consume all the stock.

I know that doesn't help you but there is no fairer way to organise the build queue.

It's a shame you've missed a birthday but if you'd come on here well in good time we could have warned you how busy they are right now. In any case, welcome to the forums. :)

If you'd like to start a new thread in the Check This Spec forum with the complete spec of your build, what it will be used for and what your budget is, the hardware experts on here (and there are several and they are very good) can ensure that you get exactly what you need without overspending. :)