Customisation Options

Pokkai

I've been looking for a new laptop for a period of time and during that I've gathered a much better awareness of the custom build game.

Having looked at a number re-sellers it's a shame PCS don't offer more customisation options across their range.

My requirements seem pretty vanilla:

A 9th Gen CPU, RTX 2070 GPU combined with a 144hz G-Sync IPS panel which is all ensconced in a 17.3" chassis.

G-Sync seems to be a rarity in an RTX laptop, certainly outside of 2080 models, which clearly carry a premium.

Now, currently there is only the Octane model which offers these options, but I'd hardly consider that to be portable. However, looking at the Recoil III RTX for example no option is available to include a panel with a G-Sync module. That said, there is other re-sellers offering the same Tongfang chassis with a G-Sync option. So clearly there is a display that can be accommodated within that shell.

PCS's supply chain shouldn't be that radically different, the panels will all be through the same suppliers, so why can't offer you offer the same options, even as a paid extra?

Your service has been so good over the years, I'd much rather give you the wheelbarrow filled with bank notes than your competitors, but in this instance there is little choice.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
PCS's selection of gsync screens for laptops has been disappointing for some time now.

The first 'slip' of note, from my perspective, was the absence of 4k gsync screens on the Octane when the mobile 1080 came out (though one person did report getting a 4k screen on their Octane that happened to support gsync!). Since then it's not really improved. The Defiance range used to have gsync, but last gen that slipped I think.

The new Vortex does have gsync, and is in a similar price bracket to the Recoils etc. And it sports the non Max-Q laptop 2070, unlike the 15.6" Recoil. It seems like a very decent spec. But the Vortex is only available in 15.6".

If one is pushing higher framerates on a high refresh screen, there's the argument that tearing is less of an issue anyway. But I'd rather have the option, especially for future games.

Also, 1440p screens... (with gsync, preferably...)