CYBER SECURITY HELP!!!!!!

Blackpanther1

HEY GUYS! Thank you for looking, I'll keep it nice and simple!

I'm a student going into Cyber Security. I know very little on spec knowledge. I have £1000-£1500 to spend on a PC.

I have been recommended Intel i7 Processor and 16GB RAM. Can anyone help me on the rest of the spec? THANK YOU!

(I'm only a beginner but I love the field and I cannot wait to learn more, just need the basis to begin!)

TAKE CARE

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Do you need the keyboard, monitor and mouse as well as the PC for that price, or just the PC?

Will you be doing any gaming on it at all?

Do you have any idea what spec PC you'll need for your cyber security course (I assume it's a course)? Or do you know what applications you'll be using?

Blackpanther1

Yes i will need the keyboard and monitor but that can come outside the price (I already have my own but am looking to upgrade for comfort. Probably won't do much gaming and nope no idea what spec only the recommendation i was told. And no idea on what applications, I assume software such as VSC. It is for a uni course.

Sorry I'm not much help! I wish i was! but im sat here clueless as i dont want to spend too much especially when I dont have much idea at all!

Citrus_9

Expert
Oh really? Can you please explain why? It's great I can learn things like this haha
This is a great forum to learn things 😉 The below is a link to one of the threads to start with.