cyberpunk 2?

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
so, didnt know this could be a thing, what are peoples thoughts on a potential cyberpunk 2, still a long way away but interested to see where this goes

CD Projekt studio head Adam Badowski said during an investors presentation today that the sequel to Cyberpunk 2077 is officially underway, but still very, very early in the process. Phantom Liberty will be the one and only expansion to Cyberpunk 2077, which is both good and bad news: Bad because, now that it's finally all squared away, we want more Cyberpunk 2077, but good because it means the focus has shifted to the full-scale sequel, announced in October 2022 as Project Orion. But—and really, this should come as no surprise—anyone hoping to get their hands on it anytime soon should probably temper their expectations.

SiAdams

I personally really enjoyed the first one. I haven't played the update yet though nor the new DLC. apparently its a totally different game now.

I'll definitely be buying cyberpunk 2 but hope they don't release it too early.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
My guess would it'll release somewhere around 2027/2028 given the development gaps between CDPR's major projects.

My thoughts on where they could go with Cyberpunk 2 may be spoilery for anybody who hasn't played the first game.

There's a lot of events mentioned in Night City's past during the first game, particularly during the 2020s, so I wonder if the new game may end up being a prequel. The desktop roleplaying game the game world was based off was Cyberpunk 2020, and Johnny Silverhand's death after blowing up the Arasaka Headquarters was 2023. There's quite a few other events mentioned around that time too which could be explored in more detail.