Cyberpunk 2077

Gavras

Master Poster
for those that have not seen any game play

my only concerns with latest tech Ray Tracing DLSS, is that the focus shifts to pwetty games but not good games.

This comes down to Dev costs, time cost for Pwetty versus time costs for good game play.

PC games have been down that route in the past very pwetty games but zero substance and poor game play.

Pwetty can mean lazy optimisation and expecting the look to wow and hope they get away with lack of substance.

Luckily the Witcher 3 ticked pretty much all boxes.

hobnobs

Gold Level Poster
for those that have not seen any game play

my only concerns with latest tech Ray Tracing DLSS, is that the focus shifts to pwetty games but not good games.

This comes down to Dev costs, time cost for Pwetty versus time costs for good game play.

PC games have been down that route in the past very pwetty games but zero substance and poor game play.

Pwetty can mean lazy optimisation and expecting the look to wow and hope they get away with lack of substance.

Luckily the Witcher 3 ticked pretty much all boxes.
I don't think you've got anything to be afraid of. CD Projekt Red have been very reliable with the quality of games they've released. For the most part they're incredibly consumer focused, free DLC and the 2 £20 expansions for the Witcher 3 could have been full game releases on their own. They also stated that Cyberpunk is a RPG first and foremost. I think this might be my most anticipated game ever. No pressure CDPR ;)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I don't think you've got anything to be afraid of. CD Projekt Red have been very reliable with the quality of games they've released. For the most part they're incredibly consumer focused, free DLC and the 2 £20 expansions for the Witcher 3 could have been full game releases on their own. They also stated that Cyberpunk is a RPG first and foremost. I think this might be my most anticipated game ever. No pressure CDPR ;)
They and naughty dog are hands down the best developer houses around atm I’d say.

hobnobs

Gold Level Poster
They and naughty dog are hands down the best developer houses around atm I’d say.
Definitely. Wasn't a huge fan of TLOU2 but the Uncharted series are the best action adventure games hands down. They do both have a few ethical problems regarding the treatment of their employees though :(

Gavras

Master Poster
Yes for Project Red (hence Witcher comment, which played since 1st game).

it’s the rest of the industry where style over substance rules.

Often a Console thing, where game looks pweeety but are shallow in game play and overall pretty rubbish.

The PC game side of things has been through this before, with nice looking games using all latest tech but no substance, no cash spent on making the game feel and play good.

Gavras

Master Poster
I miss old Bioware as well. Mass effect 2 is my all time favourite game. Having many good developers creating games at the same time can only be a good thing for the industry.
This is where EA and companies losing focus on what they are good at and changing it to chasing making money.

what were BioWare a great RPG games developer.

What were BioWare not, an action game developer.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
This is where EA and companies losing focus on what they are good at and changing it to chasing making money.

what were BioWare a great RPG games developer.

What were BioWare not, an action game developer.
Yep. Couldn't agree more. I loved Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2, wish we'd get a third instalment of that.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I miss old Bioware as well. Mass effect 2 is my all time favourite game. Having many good developers creating games at the same time can only be a good thing for the industry.
I adored mass effect 2, up there in my estimation, actually inspired me to play the first as well which was ancient and hadn’t aged well visually, but the story is just so good!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I adored mass effect 2, up there in my estimation, actually inspired me to play the first as well which was ancient and hadn’t aged well visually, but the story is just so good!
Same here, I played 2 and thought 'this is brilliant!' so then played the first one... and got intensely annoyed by the Mako driving sections and the elevators.