Cyberpunk 2077

Gavras

Master Poster
It seems that everyone knew what a bucket of bolts Cyberpunk was going to be on release.

the comment about Pipelines reads about panic, cutting corners, frightened management, it is highly likely it was not limited to shaders.

A huge about of issues reported are basic blockers that normally QA would reject with one sentence Jira comment.

I wonder what else is broken at a fundamental level.

Also appears they believed the internet hype of ‘They did Witcher...’

not worried about overtime, it’s a job, it’s urgent you do overtime, if you can’t do it, then the rest of team (or individual) does your bits.

I can imagine a few people looking at career changes, especially as Poland is becoming major software / IT country.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Gave into temptation after seeing the game on CD Keys for £18 - by Jebus it's gorgeous. The default settings for my hardware were a mix of high/ultra, RT on and Quality DLSS. Haven't gotten too far into it as it took forever to download, but it seems to run pretty smoothly. Also nice to see that my working 3080 doesn't seem to want to go above 70 degrees even after extended play in a range of games, when the dying one I had first was jumping above 80 after minutes of almost any game.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Gave into temptation after seeing the game on CD Keys for £18 - by Jebus it's gorgeous. The default settings for my hardware were a mix of high/ultra, RT on and Quality DLSS. Haven't gotten too far into it as it took forever to download, but it seems to run pretty smoothly. Also nice to see that my working 3080 doesn't seem to want to go above 70 degrees even after extended play in a range of games, when the dying one I had first was jumping above 80 after minutes of almost any game.
Saw this and went straight to CDKeys too...now downloading LOL :D

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Saw this and went straight to CDKeys too...now downloading LOL :D
I think I've seen enough in the opening hour or so that I'll definitely get my £18 quid's worth out of the game, even if CDPR go full EA with Anthem and abandon the game after the patches and so the DLC never gets released. If CDPR work to correct the worst of the bugs and we do get the DLC towards the end of the year, then I really am going to get incredible value out of that price.

It’s worth it just for the eye candy. I brought it to make the most out of my 3070 and faith that one day it will be better 😂

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I think I've seen enough in the opening hour or so that I'll definitely get my £18 quid's worth out of the game, even if CDPR go full EA with Anthem and abandon the game after the patches and so the DLC never gets released. If CDPR work to correct the worst of the bugs and we do get the DLC towards the end of the year, then I really am going to get incredible value out of that price.
£18 is without question a serious steal even given the state it's in.

D

Deleted member 41971

I would say it's fair - there are some things that the game does very well, but there's things that are bad, either because they were not implemented well, or are just not what was promised.

It does frustrate me when games are released and require patch after patch for them to actually work, one of the drawbacks with internet connected games, it gives the devs an excuse to release a half finished game and say "there you go, now have 20gb patch" problem with that is you can only make one first impression, if it lets fans down on release its difficult to recover from it. cyberpunks graphics providing its run on a high end system are great, its the bugs and the storyline that is underwhelming,

this also made me laugh

KippleKat

Enthusiast
I also grabbed my copy on CD Keys. I love CD Keys, I don't think I've paid full price for any game for years. Cyberpunk has lovely graphics and sound, but I'm not big on the story so far. The game play is much like GTA set in the future. :unsure:

D

Deleted member 41971

With version 1.2 getting closer, I'm amused at how CDPR are announcing patch updates as though they were news stories in keeping with the publicity work they did before the game released. This update is going to be bug fixes, and looks like it will fix a few of the more glaring problems the game has.

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/1091500/view/3042717759905569252

i'm amused that when gog offered 20% off cyberpunk they did so while directly underneath saying "we are going to release another patch" as if to say "please buy it, we are fixing it now, pretty please" :LOL:

D

Deleted member 41971

it makes you wonder if cyberpunk can actually be rectified, yes the graphics are good but patches can introduce more problems while the base of the game is still a mess. perhaps the easter egg is the game will be finished in 2077

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 41971

With version 1.2 getting closer, I'm amused at how CDPR are announcing patch updates as though they were news stories in keeping with the publicity work they did before the game released. This update is going to be bug fixes, and looks like it will fix a few of the more glaring problems the game has.

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/1091500/view/3042717759905569252

I thought of this post when I saw a reply on cyberpunk reddit, :ROFLMAO:

"What type of stable minded person thinks it's a good idea to release 4 separate 30 second YT clips trying to show off the 'fixes' they have done over 3 months. 22 second yt video showing 'hey look you can change these 5 keybinds now!' hahahah like why they have to be trolling and are done with this game".

from

and also interesting

Last edited by a moderator: