Cyberpunk 2077

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
Says a lot about the state of the game. Not confident to launch and already bug tested for months. I bet it’s still not finished but they can’t miss the Christmas and console launches.

Says a lot about the state of the game. Not confident to launch and already bug tested for months. I bet it’s still not finished but they can’t miss the Christmas and console launches.
Yeah man but in all fairness I'd rather them spend that little bit extra so make sure it spot on because after waiting this long and delaying it again it has be right or there may be uproar😂

ProEnigma

Bronze Level Poster
qlnl7l7e6ov51.jpg

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
This will be the last delay. Cyberpunk 2077 was based off a board game, Cyberpunk 2020, so the plan all along was to release it this year to coincide with the year the board game was set in. You can't get any later than December in the year (unless CD Projekt Red start inventing new months I guess 🤔), so it's going to be a Christmas release.

Gavras

Master Poster
This will be the last delay. Cyberpunk 2077 was based off a board game, Cyberpunk 2020, so the plan all along was to release it this year to coincide with the year the board game was set in. You can't get any later than December in the year (unless CD Projekt Red start inventing new months I guess 🤔), so it's going to be a Christmas release.
I guess CD PR will be deploying a team and servers to US Baker & Holland Islands for a December 31st 23:59 release.

steaky360

Going full nerd here (and you should never go full nerd) but its not a board game :) its a paper/dice RPG - kinda similar to Pathfinder/Dungeons and Dragons.

I'm actually playing it with a group of friends via Roll20 at the moment (we're playing Cyberpunk 2020 1st Ed rather than any subsequent editions or the newer Cyberpunk Red, Red is set in 2045 I think and is a direct sequel to Cyberpunk 2020?)

As for the release date, I'm sure that's the plan (to release this year) but if it isn't... well... I know its kinda an empty thing but I'd prefer the game to be completed before release rather than rushing out to meet a relatively arbitrary (albeit it 'cool') deadline.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Going full nerd here (and you should never go full nerd) but its not a board game :) its a paper/dice RPG - kinda similar to Pathfinder/Dungeons and Dragons.

I'm actually playing it with a group of friends via Roll20 at the moment (we're playing Cyberpunk 2020 1st Ed rather than any subsequent editions or the newer Cyberpunk Red, Red is set in 2045 I think and is a direct sequel to Cyberpunk 2020?)

As for the release date, I'm sure that's the plan (to release this year) but if it isn't... well... I know its kinda an empty thing but I'd prefer the game to be completed before release rather than rushing out to meet a relatively arbitrary (albeit it 'cool') deadline.
You are indeed correct. I knew it wasn't a board game, but at 7am, the phrase paper/dice RPG just wouldn't enter my head. Thanks for going full nerd and correcting me! :ROFLMAO:

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I tend to only use the "PC Master Race" line when being entirely ironic, but to hear that the reason for this delay is that the current console gen version is pretty rough. Apparently the PC and next gen console versions are ready for release, but there's performance issues on the PS4 and Xbox One versions of 2077, and there's an agreement that all versions will release at once.