Dairy Free Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
This stuff is really nice, happened to see it in Aldi and just had to try it................

1615497271862.jpeg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Almond cultivation requires the exploitation of an insect workforce....therefore cannot be vegan (same goes for avocados) :unsure:

;)

BTW, why does Spydertracks appear to be eating Magnums naked in what looks like the bathroom?
Being naked is expected in our household :ROFLMAO: Clothes complicate everything.

I do actually have trousers on if you look closely, and that's a kitchen work surface. I was swiftly punished for my atrocities by the powers that be.

Stephen M

Author Level
In the last few years the number of decent Vegan products has grown at a good rate. Some of the cheeses are really nice.

Even some of the pretend meat stuff is enjoyable now. I used to avoid veggie burgers and sausage like the plague but luckily someone had the bright idea of making them edible.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
In the last few years the number of decent Vegan products has grown at a good rate. Some of the cheeses are really nice.

Even some of the pretend meat stuff is enjoyable now. I used to avoid veggie burgers and sausage like the plague but luckily someone had the bright idea of making them edible.
I'm not a vegan, but my sole requirement for food is that it's actually tasty.

Don't even care if it's from recycled sewage, insects or Soylent Green - as long as it tastes good then I'm happy!

Bigfoot

Grand Master
There is a lot of tasty vegetarian and vegan food. What I don’t understand are such foods that try to imitate meat, usually very unsuccessfully. I have yet to find an imitation that is anywhere near the original. Having said that, there are many meat products that are bland and tasteless. Good meat is worth paying a bit more for (the same could be said for all food and drink).

Stephen M

Author Level
I just enjoying new things, ordering something from a menu because I have no idea what it is or going to a concert purely because I know neither the piece being performed or the composer.

Have always cooked veggie stuff as Mum is a vegetarian and a favourite cousin turned vegan a few years ago, so started experimenting with vegan dishes.

Before alternative diets became fashionable it could be quite a challenge and that was part of the fun.

Fish is still my main protein source as there are few I dislike, although only eat Tuna as sashimi, cannot stand cooked tuna it is far too dry and not a good texture.

Had a nice meat day yesterday for a change and did a beef stew with suet dumplings.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

yeah it has come on a long way but you still get the Linda McCartney brown paper mache type sausages