dark mode for website forum?

• Thread starter Deleted member 41971
  • Start date

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
as feedback for the forum an option for dark mode would be useful.
I put this to them when they moved over to the new one, but it was low down on the list of priorities.

Have you used the Dark Reader add on for Chromium browsers? Works with Chrome, Edge and Firefox actually, it's really good, turns all webpages to dark mode.

So this is what my page looks like:

1622235198535.png

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
I put this to them when they moved over to the new one, but it was low down on the list of priorities.

Have you used the Dark Reader add on for Chromium browsers? Works with Chrome, Edge and Firefox actually, it's really good, turns all webpages to dark mode.

View attachment 26662
OMG you are a life saver! Almost all my themes are dark - but Firefox remains the solitary bright light hurting my eyes in the evening..... I'm looking this one up now. (y)

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
I had previously been using the Night Light feature in Windows 10 to take the edge of the screen in the evenings - which is nice in itself - but this is exactly what I was after.

D

Deleted member 41971

View attachment 26662

never knew this existed, thanks for the heads up (y) its also open source which is a plus

i can take these off now when looking at pcs forum

Professional Solar Welding Helmet High Quality PP Welder ...

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
D

Deleted member 41971

I’m seeing the emerging picture! In my medical role I would like to perhaps recommend a course of vitamin D to boost your natural reserves. Three months of a daily OTC supplement (25 units is enough) will ensure you don’t turn to dust when the sun hits you 👍

View attachment 26669

i will sleep on your suggestion,

now if you excuse me im off to bed,

in my coffin 💀👻

Bigfoot

Grand Master
I’m seeing the emerging picture! In my medical role I would like to perhaps recommend a course of vitamin D to boost your natural reserves. Three months of a daily OTC supplement (25 units is enough) will ensure you don’t turn to dust when the sun hits you 👍

View attachment 26669
I live in north east Scotland, so a vitamin D supplement is necessary anyway. The sun is a rare sight up here.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

View attachment 26669
And don't buy expensive supplements, just eat chestnut mushrooms, the only other natural source of vitamin D than the sun

ColEyt

Gold Level Poster
And don't buy expensive supplements, just eat chestnut mushrooms, the only other natural source of vitamin D than the sun
Presume you mean vegetarian natural source, given that most fatty fish, such as tuna and salmon as well as egg yolk and to some extent milk from cows are all good vitamin d sources