Data Backup

Beverly Whiteaker

Hi, folks. I need a little help with data backup. Currently, all my personal & business files are all just saved in my laptop and I know they are not 100% secured in case of any trouble. So I did some research and read something about cloud based solution. I wanted to know if you guys are also using this in the office or in your personal business? I'm thinking of considering it after I'm done with my website construction and other marketing stuff. This might be helpful too with my expansion. If in case you have more idea about it, please feel free to share it here. Thanks.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Office 365 is excellent for hosted exchange email and obviously office, but the other benefit is that it comes with business onedrive which is their cloud storage solution, you get 1tb space for a normal office365 business account which is a hell of a lot!

There's also Google drive, Dropbox etc, but they can get expensive if your buying extra size and the defaults are quite limiting.

mishra

Rising Star
You need to be careful how do you define "backups". Google Drive (and similar) is not technically a backup. Yes it will store an off-site copy of your files, but also it is "synced" with your PC in real time. What it means if you get a virus that corrupt your files on your local PC it will also corrupt files on cloud storage too. So it's a bit of false feeling of security if you ask me.

Now then, you need something that offer re-visioning. So it keeps your most up-to-date file but also it keeps previous copies too. Google Drive offer re-visioning but only for files created with Google Docs. It will not give you that for Word/Excel documents or Photos. OneDrive will also offer re-visioning, but again only for files created with Office365. Not sure about Dropbox...

Backup offering with re-visioning is something along the lines of Crashplan or Backblaze. Just make sure you are getting what you really need.