Dead on arrivalšŸ˜„

barlew

Godlike
I seem to remember either late last year or early this year they were having problems with the supply of packing materials, maybe happening again
Yeh I remember this happening. There were quite a few PCs in a short space of time that got damaged.

The lack of packaging was caused by covid lock downs.

I think someone from PCS posted about it.

Vajra

Silver Level Poster
Mine was also double boxed with only one glass side panel? Odd that seems a little inconsistent

I asked if they could use some extra protection next time they send it to me and the answer I received was " this is the packaging we use, it works fine most of the time"

barlew

Godlike
I asked if they could use some extra protection next time they send it to me and the answer I received was " this is the packaging we use, it works fine most of the time"
I appreciate you are probably paraphrasing there, but if that was the literal meaning of the response you received I would be pretty hacked off.

Vajra

Silver Level Poster
I appreciate you are probably paraphrasing there, but if that was the literal meaning of the response you received I would be pretty hacked off.

We supply many systems in this packaging and it is just unfortunate that this has happened with your order.

This is the exact reply I received.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I think the packaging they use is sufficient to protect the PC under normal handling during delivery. There is not much that will protect a PC if the delivery company doesn't treat it with the necessary care and attention. PCS can't really be expected to provide bomb-proof packaging (and charge us for that) for the rare occasion when DPD fouls up.