Dead on arrival😥

Vajra

Silver Level Poster
Little rant regarding DPD. PC ( or whatever is left of it) just got delivered by the courier and to my horror one of the side tempered glass panels is smashed to bits... It looks like the box was dropped so hard that the whole panel got detached from the rest of the case😠😠

I've already contacted PCS customer service and collection has been arranged but as an enthusiast I'm absolutely appalled that such a great case and one of pcs employees day of work goes to waste because of someone's lack of care when handling such fragile and expensive piece...

Such a shame someone decided to play football with my pc at a time when computers are so incredibly expensive😥😥😥😥

Attachments

• IMG_20211102_094715-min.jpg
    IMG_20211102_094715-min.jpg
    773 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_20211102_095744-min.jpg
    IMG_20211102_095744-min.jpg
    741 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG-20211102-WA0001-min.jpeg
    IMG-20211102-WA0001-min.jpeg
    624 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
That is terrible, and i only posted a video by JayzTwoCents the other day about how hard it actually is to break these panels, hopefully it will soon be sorted

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Little rant regarding DPD. PC ( or whatever is left of it) just got delivered by the courier and to my horror one of the side tempered glass panels is smashed to bits... It looks like the box was dropped so hard that the whole panel got detached from the rest of the case😠😠

I've already contacted PCS customer service and collection has been arranged but as an enthusiast I'm absolutely appalled that such a great case and one of pcs employees day of work goes to waste because of someone's lack of care when handling such fragile and expensive piece...

Such a shame someone decided to play football with my pc at a time when computers are so incredibly expensive😥😥😥😥
I would definitely report the driver to DPD, these kinds of things j ed to be highlighted, there's no excuse for it.

Rakk

The Awesome
I would definitely report the driver to DPD, these kinds of things j ed to be highlighted, there's no excuse for it.
Though admittedly no-one will likely ever know whether it was the delivery driver, the collection driver, a driver somewhere between the initial depot and the final depot or anyone in the intervening depots - but yes I'd still report it to DPD as Spyder is right, there is no excuse

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Though admittedly no-one will likely ever know whether it was the delivery driver, the collection driver, a driver somewhere between the initial depot and the final depot or anyone in the intervening depots - but yes I'd still report it to DPD as Spyder is right, there is no excuse
Very true.

PauFen

Oh, that’s awful Vajra. I've just ordered a £3.5k build in an Obsidian 500D RGB case, so the fear of something like this happening during delivery is lurking in the back of my mind. The only other time that I ordered from a bespoke builder (I usually self-build) the Lian Li case was damaged and the GPU became dislodged in transit, but this was long before tempered glass was commonplace so it wasn’t quite so catastrophic. Hopefully it’s still quite rare. I hope that they fast-track the replacement for you. I must say, the foam protection looks a little less robust than I was expecting.

PauFen

My old Lian Li build mentioned above was delivered in a wooden box and still managed to arrive damaged, so it just shows you how roughly these items are treated sometimes.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
This makes me sad. No PC should go through this!

Oh, that’s awful Vajra. I've just ordered a £3.5k build in an Obsidian 500D RGB case, so the fear of something like this happening during delivery is lurking in the back of my mind. The only other time that I ordered from a bespoke builder (I usually self-build) the Lian Li case was damaged and the GPU became dislodged in transit, but this was long before tempered glass was commonplace so it wasn’t quite so catastrophic. Hopefully it’s still quite rare. I hope that they fast-track the replacement for you. I must say, the foam protection looks a little less robust than I was expecting.
That's a lovely case - I have one myself. Hopefully yours arrives in one piece!

Vajra

Silver Level Poster

Reporting these things to DPD is kinda pointless, all they do is provide generic answer - we are sorry this happened, please report it to company you've purchased pc from and they will fix it for you. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Problem is that there's many little cogs in the machinery - pcs own employees, multiple drivers and depots. Getting in touch with them all is impossible. All you can do is place an order and hope for the best.

Most of the deliveries are successful, nobody would be buying tempered glass cases otherwise but it's so incredibly frustrating to get your pc smashed by someone who doesn't care.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
all they do is provide generic answer - we are sorry this happened, please report it to company you've purchased pc from and they will fix it for you. Apologies for the inconvenience.
It's not for any kind of answer, there's nothing they can do after the fact other than settle insurance with the customer.

It's for them to highlight the poor drivers and take action internally. The drivers are mostly privately contracted, so DPD need to know which ones aren't worth keeping.

Vajra

Silver Level Poster

Yeah, 2 pieces of foam and a little bit of cardboard is all that stands between PC and impatient driver. Desktop was quite heavy so I was expecting a little bit protection to be honest but it all comes down to the cost.

Vajra

Silver Level Poster
It's not for any kind of answer, there's nothing they can do after the fact other than settle insurance with the customer.

It's for them to highlight the poor drivers and take action internally. The drivers are mostly privately contracted, so DPD need to know which ones aren't worth keeping.

That's true but again, there's probably few drivers plus depot workers. How would you know who dropped it?

Last edited:
Problem with temperd glass is even the smallest crack in it makes it detonate ( crack into hundreds of smaller cracks) :( hopefully this gets sorted for you quickly

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That's true but again, there's probably few drivers plus depot workers. How would you know who dropped it?
I imagine if they got enough reports to they'd be able to isolate the cause. But without any feedback they'll be unable to do anything.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It really doesn't matter who dropped it. PCS contract with DPD to deliver their PCs and nobody should have dropped it. PCS need to know so that they can chase up DPD. What DPD do about it internally is their affair.

If you don't tell PCS they will assume that DPD is doing an excellent job...!

Vajra

Silver Level Poster
It really doesn't matter who dropped it. PCS contract with DPD to deliver their PCs and nobody should have dropped it. PCS need to know so that they can chase up DPD. What DPD do about it internally is their affair.

If you don't tell PCS they will assume that DPD is doing an excellent job...!

They won't once they see that pc, trust me. PCS are aware of the issue. Computer just got collected, I've also got in touch with DPD to report this and asked them what can be done to prevent this from happening again, they advised me that PCS need to clearly state that parcel is fragile ( which I'm pretty sure they always do anyway) and suggested that I give them ( DPD) a call once pc gets dispatched and they will make sure that parcel is properly marked as fragile on their system. Wish me luck

Last edited:

RichLan564

Bright Spark

I know this subject has come up before but in all honesty a case with 4 glass panels should really be double boxed so i think PCS have got a little bit of blame to carry with these cases arriving damaged, i realise they ship 1000's with no issues but the packing leaves a little to be desired on this type of case.

dtang_ie

Bronze Level Poster
I know this subject has come up before but in all honesty a case with 4 glass panels should really be double boxed so i think PCS have got a little bit of blame to carry with these cases arriving damaged, i realise they ship 1000's with no issues but the packing leaves a little to be desired on this type of case.
Interestingly I ordered a PC with the same case (the 5000X) and it was double boxed.

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Interestingly I ordered a PC with the same case (the 5000X) and it was double boxed.
Seems some they do some they don't, i was a bit shocked to see my 5000D (only one glass panel admittedly) arrive in a box as the OP's with great big holes torn in it at the handles, a £500 Dell comes packaged better than that.