Dead Pixel Guarentee - WORTH IT?

Frank of K

Is it worth paying the extra for dead pixel guarentee?

Did you or will you purchase DPG when you bought/will buy your PC?

rav007

Enthusiast
I didn't and I have a dead pixel and a stuck green pixel. It is annoying at times but I just try to ignore it now. Is it worth the extra £20? Well if you are already paying close to £1500 for a laptop say, whats another £20? But if you're going for a cheap and cheerful one, will it bother you that much? If you have a higher screen resolution, you likely wont notice it. I don't notice the dead pixel ever actually, only the stuck one because it shines bright green.

If I recall correctly, I think there is a number of dead pixels that are considered acceptable too. Last I recall, if you cut your screen into a 3x3 grid, the middle should have 0, the left, right, top and bottom was either 1 or 2 (each) and the corners were 2 or 3 each. If any of these numbers were exceeded in any individual segment of the screen then you could make a case to get your monitor replaced without said dead-pixel guarantee. But please check this yourself first, I think these are general guidelines and I can't find where I read them.

I did, and would definitely do so again. As others have mentioned, £20 is not bad for piece of mind (and cheaper than most other laptop sites offer).

Big_Rich

Silver Level Poster
Yes, it's absolutely worth it.

I spent over £2700 on my Octane III 17.3" and it's arrived with a black dead pixel surrounded by many yellowed pixels that look burnt. I've already requested an RMA and it's going back on monday.

I'd be kicking myself if I hadn't spent that extra £19 at the time.