Dear Esther: Landmark Edition

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Aye, not such much a game but a walking experience that allows the story to wash over you. Really left a mark on me.

Would recommend Gone Home and Firewatch if you fancy digging into the genre a little deeper 👍
Cheers mate I'll look into those, this was certainly different, wondered what i was supposed to do at the start so found a youtube video which i watched for a while, then went back and went with the flow

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Aye, not such much a game but a walking experience that allows the story to wash over you. Really left a mark on me.

Would recommend Gone Home and Firewatch if you fancy digging into the genre a little deeper 👍
Both excellent examples of the genre.

What Remains Of Edith Finch is another top "walking simulator" - it's quite hard-hitting emotionally though. Dominik Diamond had this to say about it.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Sounds as though got a few more to investigate, already put Gone Home and Firewatch on my steam wish list, think firewatch might be the first one i get of those 2

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter was the only one of these type of games I enjoyed to be honest. I think it's because it looked particularly beautiful
Just happened to be browsing my epic library and found I've got the Redux version