Death Stranding Promotion with Nvidia GPUs

radhumble

Hey guys!

I was just curious about something; I've already put in my PC to be built and I'm very happy with how its configured but I noticed that a promotion was recently launched for Nvidia GPUs where you can get a key for Death Stranding.

My GPU is eligible from what I can tell; but am I able to avail of it? It isn't listed on my build order, and I know I'd be kicking myself if I missed out on it knowing I could possibly get it.

Thanks guys, probably an obvious answer but sure!

D

Deleted member 17413

Two free games up for grabs atm, Assasins creed and Death Stranding.
If you get an answer, let us know!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Too many free games at the moment...I've only just started playing Watchdogs that I got for free over 2 months ago!! And will, hopefully, be getting Watchdogs 2 free tonight (if I remember to watch whatever it is I need to watch)
Yes, thanks for the reminder! I think it’s 9pm our time and there’s a link in the article I posted in the games thread

radhumble

Ahhhh, thanks guys! My fingers are crossed so! I have Horizon Zero Dawn as promotional offer on my build order but I'm beginning to think it's a pipe dream unfortunately :(

Wonderland

Im in a similar situation to yourself @radhumble. My order was placed on the 4th july and the two promotions started a few days later. I am considering cancelling my order and then reordering just to get Assassins Creed Valhalla and Death Stranding, plus I would save £10 on the exact same order.
I have emailed them to enquire as to whether I can get them or not, I am waiting for a reply back.
Let us know how anybody else gets on with this or any advice on the best way to cancel my order.

MichaelSmith457

Bronze Level Poster
Ahhhh, thanks guys! My fingers are crossed so! I have Horizon Zero Dawn as promotional offer on my build order but I'm beginning to think it's a pipe dream unfortunately :(
Hi Guys
Horizon was mentioned with my build WHICH I AM DELIGHTED TO SAY IS BEING DELIVERED TOMORROW, Yesterday I had a stream of emails from PCS and one of those was the link for the key for Horizon Zero dawn.
got to say from the second I went into build (which was day 22, in real terms 4 1/2 weeks) things have moved at amazing speed. it went into build Monday and is being delivered Wednesday.
I might do a grovel if other titles are up for bid.
Also great news yesterday as well as my PC being built they launched the date for release for Microsoft Flight Simulator Aug 18th.
So just goes to prove all good things come to those who wait.

Last edited:

MichaelSmith457

Bronze Level Poster
Scott, Nursemorth, SpyderTrack and Ubuysa just wanted to say a big thankyou for all your input over the last 8 weeks, I have enjoyed my time on this forum and most certainly wont be a stranger in the future.

D

Deleted member 17413

When i spoke to someone at PCS the current promotions are only on new orders going in since it launched.
Theres other bits with my build that need sorting first, but he has said he can ask about it once its built.... i'm not holding out hope though. he said its tied to the parts being sold so it sounded like whatever they give away has to pair up.

You'll be able to see if you have it as part of your order, it shows on your order page as a promotional item at the bottomof the spec list.

Wonderland

When i spoke to someone at PCS the current promotions are only on new orders going in since it launched.
Theres other bits with my build that need sorting first, but he has said he can ask about it once its built.... i'm not holding out hope though. he said its tied to the parts being sold so it sounded like whatever they give away has to pair up.

You'll be able to see if you have it as part of your order, it shows on your order page as a promotional item at the bottomof the spec list.
Thanks for that info. Looks like I'm going to have to cancel my order then. I will call them tomorrow see what they say!

debiruman665

Enthusiast
This is one of the most ironic fates of all. Old enough to afford all the games and the rig to play them, not enough time to even complete a tiny fraction of them?

Anyone else really guilty of playing a lot of new games for half an hour and never revisiting them?

D

Deleted member 17413

Thanks for that info. Looks like I'm going to have to cancel my order then. I will call them tomorrow see what they say!
Cancelling your order will also reset your position in the queue if you re-order.
Also, if you have used finance, that can also complicate it.

Id suggest speaking to them first before cancelling

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This is one of the most ironic fates of all. Old enough to afford all the games and the rig to play them, not enough time to even complete a tiny fraction of them?

Anyone else really guilty of playing a lot of new games for half an hour and never revisiting them?
Spot on for me..... my steam library is at 52 games in my "to play" queue, and it's pretty much been that way for a few years now. In that time, I've probably bought 3 or 4 games, mostly remasters like the Masterchief Collection. I splashed out on Doom Eternal on release day as I was looking forward so much to it, but have only played about 1 hour.

But yeah, rarely get time to play these days, although I do still love it when I get time for a good session.

Wonderland

Cancelling your order will also reset your position in the queue if you re-order.
Also, if you have used finance, that can also complicate it.

Id suggest speaking to them first before cancelling
I fully understand that I would be put back to the start, I was thinking if I made a new order first before cancelling, would it join my other order or would it start from the beginning? I know it's a long shot. Paid cash, so not a problem there.

Krasio

Silver Level Poster
Shouldn’t you be eligible if you have an RTX card on your order anyway? Given the fact it’s been payed for and not entered building? Im confused

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I fully understand that I would be put back to the start, I was thinking if I made a new order first before cancelling, would it join my other order or would it start from the beginning? I know it's a long shot. Paid cash, so not a problem there.
It would be a separate order, not connected in any way.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Shouldn’t you be eligible if you have an RTX card on your order anyway? Given the fact it’s been payed for and not entered building? Im confused
When you purchase the build and it goes into processing, the hardware is allocated at that point, it doesn't get allocated when going into building.

The game codes are generally tied to the hardware serial, or done on a time basis. If it's on the hardware serial as it usually is, then no other deal is relevant to that card.

Wonderland

Apparently if you have ordered after the promotion start date then you will, I ordered 3 days before it started so probably not for me.