Decent Headset?

GazzaScotland

Bronze Level Poster
Can anyone recommend a decent headset? Not looking to spend too much money, just something that does the job reasonably well.

Cheers guys!

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
I've always used the Creative Fatal1ty series, they tend to be very comfy for those long gaming sessions and good mic quality without receiving that dreaded sore ear from the headphones.

Matt

Bright Spark
If you can afford it, this.

Without doubt the best headset I've ever used, 7.1 perfect quality, great mic too, voie morphing and much more. :cool:

[video=youtube;RF9VTFDc0dE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF9VTFDc0dE[/video]

Sweeney47

I always get the £5 ones :p doesnt matter how expensive the headset, you'll always break them or something... bought a logitech headset for £50 within 2 weeks is was buggering up, bought current headset for £4.99 had it for about a year and a half with no issues...

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
I use cheap ones when travelling, but find them uncomfortable if wearing them for hours.

Matt

Bright Spark
I always get the £5 ones :p doesnt matter how expensive the headset, you'll always break them or something... bought a logitech headset for £50 within 2 weeks is was buggering up, bought current headset for £4.99 had it for about a year and a half with no issues...

heh, i know the feeling. But this particular headset is extremely sturdy.

GazzaScotland

Bronze Level Poster
Was looking at the Fatal1ty ones. Would have to be the HS-1000 though, as I've heard the 800 doesn't have great driver support for Windows 7?

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
Oh, I still only use ones with 3.5mm headphone jacks, but if going USB, defo check driver support!

GazzaScotland

Bronze Level Poster

Matt

Bright Spark
I have 5.1 logitech speakers connected to my Sound Blaster Audigy 4 for watching films, but when i want to play games i just plug my g35 headset into my loigtech G11 keyboard.

Then i drink out of my logitech mug and place that on my logitech coaster. I need to cut down on all things logitech, now.

Meds

I'm in the market for a new headset after vacuuming my cables and snapping it :(

Everybody raves about Sennheiser but they're so damn expensive!

Matt

Bright Spark
I'm in the market for a new headset after vacuuming my cables and snapping it :(

Everybody raves about Sennheiser but they're so damn expensive!

I picked up one of these from Pc World recently as i wanted something that i could use with my Tv for gaming on the xbox. Sadly its not a patch on the g35.

HMFC_Riley

Enthusiast
Forgive me if this is a silly question but I'm not clued up on the Audio part of PC systems. Looking to buy a headset now I know in the past when it used to be 3.5mm jacks it was pretty much dependent on how good the headset was as well as the soundcard. Now that they're all USB based does the soundcard in the system have any effect on the sound through the headset?

Matt

Bright Spark
Forgive me if this is a silly question but I'm not clued up on the Audio part of PC systems. Looking to buy a headset now I know in the past when it used to be 3.5mm jacks it was pretty much dependent on how good the headset was as well as the soundcard. Now that they're all USB based does the soundcard in the system have any effect on the sound through the headset?

No, that is the genius of usb sound. You can have no soundcard, or the worst ever soundcard and it will make no difference as its all done through usb.

HMFC_Riley

Enthusiast
No, that is the genius of usb sound. You can have no soundcard, or the worst ever soundcard and it will make no difference as its all done through usb.

Superb think I'll be ordering myself a pair of Fatal1ty ones then ;)

Zeplini

i use to use expensive ones all the time and were usually 50+, but they last as good as my keyboards so now i just get a cheap pair.

I would go for usb as the system sees it as a separate sound device and thus are easier to set up through coms like teamspeak etc

At the moment i have the headset running off my sound card and the speakers running off onboard sound ;)

Matt

Bright Spark
i use to use expensive ones all the time and were usually 50+, but they last as good as my keyboards so now i just get a cheap pair.

This.

I've used several brands, G35 are the only ones that have lasted.

Phil

Silver Level Poster
i also recommend the Logitech G35's, had mine since release & they are by far the beast headset ive ever used! :)

Matt

Bright Spark
i also recommend the Logitech G35's, had mine since release & they are by far the beast headset ive ever used! :)

werd_up.jpg