declined credit yet deposit not returned

I recently applied for credit for a new rig. I had to pay the deposit upfront before applying for the finance. I was rejected, yet still haven't had the deposit returned to me. My application was made on the 10th of this month. Any ideas when I will recieve this, or whether I should have already

keynes

Multiverse Poster
It could take slightly longer. You will definitely get the money back, for an official response try contacting PCS directly

steaky360

I recently applied for credit for a new rig. I had to pay the deposit upfront before applying for the finance. I was rejected, yet still haven't had the deposit returned to me. My application was made on the 10th of this month. Any ideas when I will recieve this, or whether I should have already

It can take up to 1 week before the funds are available again. So if they are not back in your account by Monday I'd give PCS a call to check. Sorry to hear your finance was declined.

It can take up to 1 week before the funds are available again. So if they are not back in your account by Monday I'd give PCS a call to check. Sorry to hear your finance was declined.

Yeah I will hold out until then, then give them a ring or something. Yeah I was pretty devastated with the decline, will take me a while to build now buying each piece individually.

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Hello there Charlie912,

I can confirm in an application we don't actually take the deposit, it is only shadowed (has a marker against it) so the payment cannot be spent while you wait for confirmation. Once the finance is accepted the money is transferred, if the finance is declined then we remove the shadow (marker) immediately from the deposit and your bank should move it back into your available balance. Normally this can take between 3 - 5 working days.

If for some reason it is not back in your account then contact your bank, get the authorisation number for the transaction and a fax number for the relevant bank department, with this information contact one of our official lines of support and we will fax a document to them requesting they return the money.