Defiance 3 - mini display port?

Zer0access

Dumb question but need to check as I'm a bit computer illiterate. Anyone else have the Defiance 3 and could you confirm it has a mini display port? I've checked at the back and it looks like there are two but wanted to confirm. This is because I'm considering buying a Valve Index and I don't want to spend $1000+ to find out I can't run it.

Thanks so much!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Dumb question but need to check as I'm a bit computer illiterate. Anyone else have the Defiance 3 and could you confirm it has a mini display port? I've checked at the back and it looks like there are two but wanted to confirm. This is because I'm considering buying a Valve Index and I don't want to spend $1000+ to find out I can't run it.

Thanks so much!
What’s the clevo model number, will be on a label on the underside of the laptop.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So this is a review on the same chassis and it lists the following display outputs:

"You can connect the Neo 17 to an external monitor with its HDMI 2.0 port, its two Mini DisplayPort connections or the Type-C port. "

They're listed as Mini Display Port v1.4

So yes, you should be fine

Zer0access

So this is a review on the same chassis and it lists the following display outputs:

"You can connect the Neo 17 to an external monitor with its HDMI 2.0 port, its two Mini DisplayPort connections or the Type-C port. "

They're listed as Mini Display Port v1.4

So yes, you should be fine

Awesome thanks! Do you know if I need anything else if I want to connect VR to it?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Awesome thanks! Do you know if I need anything else if I want to connect VR to it?
Just USB 3 for the cameras I think.

You'd need a 2080 Super / 2080 GPU as a minimum to power it though, anything less is going to cause major motion sickness.

Zer0access

Just USB 3 for the cameras I think.

You'd need a 2080 Super / 2080 GPU as a minimum to power it though, anything less is going to cause major motion sickness.

Oh damn that's annoying...I have an RTX 2070. Why is motion sickness caused by a worse graphic card?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Oh damn that's annoying...I have an RTX 2070. Why is motion sickness caused by a worse graphic card?
You have to maintain a minimum of 90fps in both eyes to steer clear of motion sickness.
So that’s 1440 x 1600 x 2 @ min 90fps, needs a lot of juice.