Defiance Graphics and Sound lost

pauhew

So after a new Windows install I have lost my Graphics and Sound as they are not showing in Device Manager, only basic drivers? NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 and SoundBlaster X-Fi MB3.

Please help!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
After a Windows install you need to install all the necessary drivers. If this was a Windows 10 install then running Windows Update a few times should install the drivers for you.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Worth mentioning that windows will only install the basic driver package.

So for things like nvidia, you won't get the control panel or experience, those are only added when you download direct from nvidia. It's worth putting the full package direct from nvidia over the auto install through windows update.

Same goes for XFi, xfi is a software overlay to the sound drivers (usually a realtek chipset) that is essentially a graphic equalizer. It won't show up in device manager as it's not a driver. Windows update won't find it because it's not a driver. So it has to be manually installed after the core sound drivers are properly installed.

pauhew

Getting the same issue but Nvidia will not let me install drivers as it reports that card not found.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Getting the same issue but Nvidia will not let me install drivers as it reports that card not found.
So you’ve done a reset of windows and are trying to install graphics drivers?

Where did you source the drivers?

What are your full specs?