Defiance II (6th Gen) Delays

ahad

Silver Level Poster
I was originally getting email updates every couple of days. PCS must have realised how soul-crushing it was to constantly see the ETA moving further and further away and have since stopped!

I also got the email ETA afro a few days but after they told me about the further delay they didn't send me an ETA email as well. Last time it was 26/10/15 and that was before this 2 week delay. So i can't expect anything till first maybe even second week of november i'm guessing :/

djsubtronic

Silver Level Poster
I don't understand how you guys are/were being emailed BUILD dates when they don't even know when the chassis is gonna arrive...

ahad

Silver Level Poster
I don't understand how you guys are/were being emailed BUILD dates when they don't even know when the chassis is gonna arrive...

It's based on their estimates of when the chassis will arrive. They expected it to have arrived by 12 and had given me an expected build date of 26. Now the delivery date is somewhere in between 20th and 28th. So add a few more days for building according to where you are in the queue and you have your estimates.

Hi,

If it makes you guys feel better I ordered on 10th October, got the E-mail Morning 12th saying Thursday 5th November for build, so we'll see, but at least yours is earlier than mine which sounds good for you :).

I am ahead/behind (Depending on your perception) you in the queue so if the build date gets pushed I'll update here :).

Ho hum
Do I wish I had known before ordering? Yes, from an expectation of devliery point of view but would I change my mind..Um no I did my research, its the best spec right now I can get.

Dave

dancol

I ordered on Monday and as of yet haven't had an email with any expected delivery dates but hopefully it won't take too long. That said I don't mind waiting a little while, I guess it gives a little time to make any alterations in the meantime if needed. It is a shame I wasn't made aware of these issues when ordering just so that I knew, but oh well, I'm sure it will be well worth the wait :D

I seem to be one of the rare(lucky) ones.
My build time has come back to 26th October :)

Seems they have the stock and are working through the backlog.

Fingers crossed
Dave

djsubtronic

Silver Level Poster
Since I don't get any emails, I will give them a call today and see wassup. Considering you ordered just a few days ago and not >7 weeks ago like me, I should be getting mine instantly.

Parramatta

Silver Level Poster
Since I don't get any emails, I will give them a call today and see wassup. Considering you ordered just a few days ago and not >7 weeks ago like me, I should be getting mine instantly.

I'm going to suggest it become official PCS policy that priority goes to those upgrading from the oldest laptop, so I should jump to the head of the queue as I've got a crappy 45nm Penryn 2008 era... anyone got anything more ancient?

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
I'm going to suggest it become official PCS policy that priority goes to those upgrading from the oldest laptop, so I should jump to the head of the queue as I've got a crappy 45nm Penryn 2008 era... anyone got anything more ancient?

Or just order it earlier :p

djsubtronic

Silver Level Poster
Just a quick update: spoke to someone on the phone who advised the chassis are apparently in the country now and PCS are expecting them either tomorrow or Monday.

If that is official policy then considering I currently have no laptop or desktop (or console or TV for that matter) potentially PCS should put me to the front and potentially add free chopper delivery

Vgodoy

Just a quick update: spoke to someone on the phone who advised the chassis are apparently in the country now and PCS are expecting them either tomorrow or Monday.

Ohh dont play with my heart like that hahahah.

Btw have you guys noticed how the lead times in that chart has been rising quickly?

Last edited by a moderator:

Genesy

Update: Good news. Looks like PCS finally got new chassis or whatever the problem was. My estimated build date suddenly jumped back to 22/10/2015 ( 2 days ago is was 02/11/2015).

Flo

Silver Level Poster
Same here. Previous estimate was the 26th and it is now the 20th. Happy days. Might actually have a new laptop by the end of next week :D

djsubtronic

Silver Level Poster
Those build dates are completely automated so I wouldn't entirely trust them.

Best thing would be to give them a call and double check that they have indeed received the chassis.