Defiance Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD 144Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)

Archie

I bought this to replace an Alienware 17inch computer. This is a much lighter system and does not run as hot as the Alienware, although it does get hot whn under stress. It is predominantly used for office work, but I travel quite a bit so I wanted something that was capable of decent gaming and that had a large screen for watching video.

It's a compact system but not very sturdy - that said, what do you want? If you want a sturdy laptop, then that means heavy. This is a great compromise, it's very thin, light and with decent performance. In terms of gaming, it does whatever I have needed it to - but I am an occasional gamer and don't play intensively.

The negatives are that there are only 2 standard USB ports, there are 2 USB-C, so you could take advantage of those, but my biggest negative is that there is not CAPS LOCK light - which some may say doesn't really matter (and it doesn't) but for a top-end laptop, I would have expected it. Especially as I use it for office work too.

All in though, it's a great system and value for money considering where it is on the scale of performance ability.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 354
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 355
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 342