Defiance VII microphone jack

LouieM

Hi,

I have a Defiance VII 17.3"

It has both a headphone jack and microphone jack.

I have a headset which just has one bit to put in the computer, I tried putting my headset in the headphone jack, and it made the headset sound work, but the laptop was not picking up the microphone at all.

So I thought to buy a splitter, it arrived today so I plugged my headset into the splitter, and then one 3.5mm into the headphone jack and one into the microphone jack, and again the sound works for the headset, and it does pick up a microphone.

But after testing the microphone all I hear is a really bad static sound and nothing else.

I tried this with 2 different headsets which normally work perfectly (have tried on phone and xbox, both mics work).

Do you know why this could be? Is there an issue with my laptop?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi,

I have a Defiance VII 17.3"

It has both a headphone jack and microphone jack.

I have a headset which just has one bit to put in the computer, I tried putting my headset in the headphone jack, and it made the headset sound work, but the laptop was not picking up the microphone at all.

So I thought to buy a splitter, it arrived today so I plugged my headset into the splitter, and then one 3.5mm into the headphone jack and one into the microphone jack, and again the sound works for the headset, and it does pick up a microphone.

But after testing the microphone all I hear is a really bad static sound and nothing else.

I tried this with 2 different headsets which normally work perfectly (have tried on phone and xbox, both mics work).

Do you know why this could be? Is there an issue with my laptop?
Did you order with windows or without? Generally splitters arent very good, it’s better to troubleshoot with a proper pc headset.

LouieM

Attachments

• 67C5FEF0-5F0B-42B5-87F8-8B734C813FB3.png
    67C5FEF0-5F0B-42B5-87F8-8B734C813FB3.png
    637.4 KB · Views: 176

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I do not have the box anymore

But I found this
have you applied all windows updates?

in sound devices is it listed as Realtek and do you have the Realtek control panel? Does it show a pop up when you insert the headphone jack?

LouieM

have you applied all windows updates?

in sound devices is it listed as Realtek and do you have the Realtek control panel? Does it show a pop up when you insert the headphone jack?

Hi, thank you for trying to help by the way, here is the sound panel:
no pop-up appears when I put in the headphone jack and I don't have the realtek control panel?

1594220144984.png

1594220161841.png

In the properties of the microphone:

Attachments

• 1594220183986.png
    1594220183986.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 157

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi, thank you for trying to help by the way, here is the sound panel:
no pop-up appears when I put in the headphone jack and I don't have the realtek control panel?

View attachment 17145

View attachment 17146

In the properties of the microphone:
Ah, thanks, that's perfect.

So I think that the sound device isnt' setup correctly, it's just got the dfault microsoft driver rather than the Realtek one.

If you log into your main PCS account, and go to downloads and then tech support, you should have a list of drivers, one of them should be labelled "audio" at a guess. You'll need to install that.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
No.

I can't see an audio driver there which is annoying.

Ok, lets start over.

Have you applied all windows updates?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ok, on a label on the underside of the laptop it should give the clevo model number, can you tell me what that is or post a photo?