Deleted

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I did a transplant a while ago and moved the guts of my system into a 4000X, have never had issues with temperatures. So I imagine with a beastly cooler like the H150i you wouldn’t likely encounter problems with the 5000X.

And you could always buy the airflow panel separately if you so wished. You know me, I’m always going to gently nudge you in the direction of all things RGB if I get the opportunity 😘

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes, remember when you read reviews about airflow in a case, that's generally with an air cooler on the CPU. When you factor in an AIO, that's not so relevant as the radiator is where the air is dispelled through the case side.

Any of the Corsair cases are extremely well designed from a thermals point of view.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thank you both. CPU temperature wise I am not concerned (even though the top clearance above the case will only be about 3" which isn't ideal). My main concern was the throughput for the 4090 but I guess I could always buy some more fans and stick them in the side if need be. I am probably overthinking things a bit...just that this level of PC is a massive jump over any I have bought before

And, thank you for the link @AgentCooper I tried looking for that panel earlier but couldn't find it...seems my Corsair-Fu isn't as strong as my Google-Fu :eek:

Disclaimer: Other search engines beyond Google are available....just it sounds better than Bing-Fu ;)
Even though the 4090 is monstrous in terms of wattage, it's crazy efficient in thermals, normally around the 65 - 70 mark so it's go masses of headroom (up to 85). I don't think you'll have any issues with GPU temps

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Unless you specifically want the Strix, I'd probably save some coin and opt for the TUF board. It has you more than covered, even the B-series boards are good for the 7800X3D, but I would always want the Xe option too.

Build looks beastly :cool:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Ach that's not so bad I suppose. The difference was a lot more previously, but I did see the STRIX coming down in price in other outlets so maybe that explains it.

I'd pay that for an aesthetic so I don't blame you at all, was just in case you thought it necessary :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Aesthetics are important, RGB makes it go faster.

So long as you're not scrimping on the core platform, go nuts, get a furry coat for it, if it didn't affect temps that's what I'd do! Maybe one day.

C8Rt887XkAAqHc9.jpg